Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cold flushes  (Read 1892 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cold flushes
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 07:04:34 PM »

They are all old enough to know why you are stressed.  They are all old enough to do 'more' around the house/garden, i.e. putting laundry out, making sure that their school books etc. are ready the night B4, old enough to lay the table .........

Sit down and lay out the idea of a rota, draw on their strengths i.e. cleaning, cooking, tidying .........

Mumalmighty

Re: Cold flushes
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 07:55:41 PM »

Ah well here's the thing. I am a stay at home mum. My two older sons work full time (the younger of the two is on an apprenticeship) obviously the younger two r still at school and need the majority of parenting with regards to supervision, homework etc etc and I have put myself in the position of being the house slave so to speak. It was my choice to be a stay at home mum and my plan was to go back to work once my daughter who is 9 goes to high school so in all I've been at home with exception of a Saturday job some years ago for 19 yrs other than that helping hubby with his business doing a bit of paper work nothing major. Anyway my point is everything gets done while they're all out during the day and I'm a martyrr to the cause trying to make sure everyone is looked after washing ironing cooking shopping cleaning dog walking (5 dogs not all at once and hubby does lots aswell) pooper scooping the lot. That in its self wears me down but I have to have it all done don't get me wrong I make sure I finish around 2pm ish everyday and have a sit and a cuppa before the afternoon school run but wen it comes to a problem like putting rules into force or discipline basically not letting the kids get away with blue murder that's wen I lack energy. I get upset wen I have to tell them off or have a words about anything and just feel like saying oooh do wat u want! I had my youngest at 39 sm now nearly 49 and just dont have the energy anymore to deal with fights and arguments and problems I can cope with the housework it's the emotional stuff that's makes me anxious and I'm sure a lot of the time it makes my symptoms worse cos I think it's mostly anxiety that I suffer from due to peri of course. They're pretty good kids but normal kids who do fight and argue (the younger ones) hubby is very supportive but wish he wud take it all off my hands cos my hormones make me too irrational to deal logically and calmly so I just have a meltdown and want everyone to go away. None of them take me seriously they just think I'm a misery guts so 4 boys including hubby and one little girl yes they're old enuf to understand but can't and won't deal with mum acting all weird even thou I tell them wats wrong they don't want to thjnk about it. It's very frustrating. Ranting again!! 😅
Pages: 1 [2]