Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cold flushes  (Read 1891 times)

Mumalmighty

Cold flushes
« on: April 03, 2017, 08:13:21 PM »

Hi, today for the first time I'm experiencing wat I can only describe as cold rushing through my body it's coming in waves. I finished my period two days ago and it feels like I'm due on again ,  I feel dreadful and it's quite unpleasant. Is it possible to have a cold flush? It's all thru my arms, torso and face  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cold flushes
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 08:18:57 PM »

Yep.  When I took Tamoxifen within 36 hours I had a cold flush and thought that I was getting 'flu, it began on the back of my shoulders and flowed down to my waist - even when I acquainted it with the drug it didn't stop how awful it felt.  The drug made me very ill.

HORMONES  >:(  ::)

Mumalmighty

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 10:30:19 AM »

Yes Ckld it did feel like flu coming on yesterday down my waist and on shoulders all upper body really. Today is a bit different I just feel weak and tired and achey but the cold flushy feeling has gone. Mind u on Sunday I was the most active I've been in a while . Bike riding and having races with the kids in the garden. My muscles r so sore. I wonder if it was like lactic acid or something. I walk a lot but rarely do I sprint which is wat I was doing on Sunday to try and prove there was still life in the old dog to the kids haha! Maybe my body was in shock  ;D

Mumalmighty

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 12:00:45 PM »

Hi sparkle oh sorry to hear that both u and ur daughter suffer. I  only thought about it today and it's seems a bit funny that I'd done all that on Sunday then Monday I'm in a right old state but in an odd way with the cold feeling running through me.  like u say, that and hormones wat chance is there. Mind u it was a little bit silly to try and compete with a 12 and 9 year old. I cudnt understand why they found it so hilarious to see their mum attempting a sprint at nearly 49 (and not very fit) I ran for my life and I knew as soon as I had done it with no warming up. It's just that most of the time I don't have the energy to excercise properly so it's a vicious circle isn't it. The cold flushes have gone today and I saw u replied on my other thread about the coldness after a hot flush well the only  thing I can compare that to is at night wen I'm red hot and having terrible night sweats is wen I throw the duvet off I'm then freezing to death so I can't win either way. Thanks for reply one day we will look back and say phew I'm glad that's all over with  :lol:

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 03:21:02 PM »

"Phew" being the operative word ?  ;D

HORMONES  >:(  ::) ....... I used to have a flurry of activity B4 a bleed [I may have said so already  :-\].  Then I would flop.

Mumalmighty

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 07:14:11 PM »

Haha! I'm on another planet today allsorts is going on that I can't even explain. A big flurry of activity is a good way of putting it like all I'm waiting for is the chest pain to know I'm having a heart attack or something. My mood is awful and I feel like I want to explode screaming and crying thru the roof. If this Continues then I'm off to the docs cos it's becoming quite unbearable. Body and head buzzing and feeling quite unwell. This is so unfair sorry for the rant  :(

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 07:15:02 PM »

U rant away! 

Go to the GP B4 your 'need' to ..... take a list of which symptoms you would like sorted?

Mumalmighty

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 07:25:59 PM »

Yes I think it's time I did cos it's quite scary.  :thankyou:

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 07:32:29 PM »

:tulips:

Mumalmighty

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 08:38:51 PM »

Awww well I won't be doing it again in a hurry that's for sure lol! I think it's very difficult to describe wat is actually going on most of the time that's why it's great to come on here cos there's always someone who understands and is going thru the same. Just wish someone in my household cud u understand it too. I keep going up to my hubby for a hug just feel so sorry for myself he just hugs back but doesn't know wat to say  :o god knows wat it will be like in the summer months especially in bed at night. Fan on fan off 😫

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 09:57:40 PM »

Does he need to say anything?  We often have hugs we meet in the garden and blow kisses, we bump into each other in the hall and have a hug ..... no words necessary ;-). 

Mumalmighty

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 07:38:45 AM »

Yes it's enough Ckld he can't talk about women's periods never mind anything else bless him  :)

Mumalmighty

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 07:41:00 AM »

CLKD oops sorry spelt ur name in wrong order  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 03:31:37 PM »

That's OK  ;) - the first time a male friend talked to me about his wife's intermittent periods I was 35  :o and blushed  :o :o ........

How you been today?

Mumalmighty

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 05:33:32 PM »

Aww haha!! Not too bad just never feel normal or well to a degree. I get stressed very easily I have 4 kids eldest nearly 20 and then a 16 yr old 12 and 9 yr old and Any issues where I have to have words or just parenting in general makes me feel so anxious and emotional and upset it's like it's just over whelming for me to deal with if I have to get stern about anything or even Back hubby up wen he's having words with any of them I feel like it's too much. Parenting is challenging at the best of times but at the mo it does contribute a lot to my well being simply cos of my hormones. No patience no energy! I suppose that's a whole different thread isn't it sorry I've set two off 😫🙈😂
Pages: [1] 2