Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello and a question. . .  (Read 1109 times)

Sharon xx

Hello and a question. . .
« on: April 02, 2017, 04:33:04 PM »

Hi Lovlies  :-*

I've been a member for ages but just lurked.  So here's a proper 'hello' to you all x

I'm 53 and have had very few menopausal symptoms really, a few hot sweats/flushes and that's about it really.  Took the POP for 18 months to stop my periods which were really heavy.  Stopped that in Sept'16 and no periods since. 

I had a watery discharge on and off but clear and negative for anything suspicious.  However, in the last couple of months that's change and gone from pink, to brown, to clear, to white and to bright yellow which is where I am now....  I've been checked for all the obvious things and all negative thankfully [swabs and bloods].  No smell, totally inoffensive except the colour ~ it's a scary bright yellow.  I've got an appointment with the consultant tomorrow but I just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has ever had anything similar?  I am getting pre-period symptoms on and off but nothing appears, just that familiar dragging every now and then. 

Thank you for reading.

Hugs

Sharon xx   :-*

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello and a question. . .
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 06:04:10 PM »

Probably within normal limits though yellow ..........  :-\.  Take a list to the appt. of any concerned so that nothing is forgotten then let us know!

Cazikins

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 12:08:09 PM »

How did you get on with the consultant yesterday Sharon?.
Hopefully you got some re-assurance.

Sharon xx

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 07:33:08 AM »

Hi Ladies xx

Thank you for your replies and concern.  Apologies for absence but went down with a really nasty, fluey cold.  I did make it to the consultant though [took my red nose and tissues with me ~ impressive!! lol].  She wasn't worried at all, she said my discharge will continue to do strange but cyclical things for a while longer.  As long as there's no unexpected/unexplained blood or pain then there's nothing to worry about.  She did a smear for me which I'd asked the GP to do but they'd refused to do it out of programme which was really annoying ~ I'm on a five year recall now and not had one since 2013 and couldn't understand why they wouldn't just do it early given my symptoms, there has also been a few episodes of post-coital bleeding.  The Consultant thought it was a bit ridiculous too and was happy to do it.  She said all looked fine though. 

So, no follow-up unless the smear shows something irregular or I have symptoms that worry me. 

Thanks once again for your replies.

Have a great day. . .

Sharon xx