Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1375 times)

Ozzy48

« on: April 02, 2017, 02:43:53 PM »

Hi I'm on elestte duet 2mg, when I've finished the orange ones and moved onto the white one I find myself getting irritable and unreasonable,
I went to the doctor and I was put on anti depressants for 2 years. I have just managed to come off them as I felt I didn't need them .
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do!
Ozzy48

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 03:50:42 PM »

Is the white progesterone?  Some ladies find they 'react' un-expectedly at this phase of HRT.  I'm sure that some who knows will be along  ;)

:welcomemm: maybe put the medication name into the 'search' button to see what pops up?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 04:00:08 PM »

You are welcome.  Do ask if you don't get an answer .......

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 02:57:53 PM »

Hi Ozzy- sounds like you are not getting on with the progesterone part of HRT. Ask your doc for a change to one with a progesterone that might be better tolerated e.g. Femeston or  utrogestan ( you'd also need to take an oestrogen patch , pill or gel with the latter ) Print off the HRT preparations section on this site and take it along with you.

They all seem to have side effects but the testosterone related progesterones seem to cause more side effects in sensitive women.

You'll need to give any new regime at least 3 months to see how you get on with it.
Good luck and let us know how you get on x

Bane

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 02:12:03 PM »

Hi & welcome Ozzy,

Two years without reason but glad you come off them. I suggest the other alternative is to see a different GP at the practice, you'd be surprised how their opinions vary.

Good Luck

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 05:00:02 PM »

Hi Ozzy48

:welcomemm: from me too.

I agree with Michelemabelle - try a different HRT type - there will be one out there that suits you better :)

Good luck!

Hurdity x