Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pain below ribs  (Read 10621 times)

countrybumpkin

Pain below ribs
« on: March 28, 2017, 12:26:01 PM »

I posted about 10 days ago that I had breast pain and pain in ribs which cleared up in a day and said it was probably all due to my prolapsed discs in my spine as I have pain around my ribs and chest all the time to some degree.
Well the pain underarm and in breast went away but now I have pain around my ribs on that side and under the rib/below ribs. 
I am being woken up at 4am every morning with awful pain going through to my upper back. No chance of any more sleep.
I am seeing GP today as I would feel better if other conditions can be eliminated. Of course my worse case scenario health anxiety has it as pancreatic cancer :o

ancient runner

Re: Pain below ribs
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 12:36:53 PM »

Good luck with the GP. Could it be acid reflux do you think?

Megamind

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 01:27:17 PM »

I think we spoke on the thread about your breast pain? I had some kind of stomach bug last week that was causing a lot of pain in my left side around my ribs and through to my upper back. I had lots of wind etc. i do suffer with IBS and thought it was a flare up but I do think now it was a bug. There is a stomach bug going around.

I hope the GP is able to reassure you it's nothing sinister x

breeze

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 01:34:41 PM »

You can get Inflammation of the rib catalege. I had this and it went on for months. Had to go braless in the end. Chuck out your underwired bras

Menomale

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 03:29:17 PM »

Hello girls,

I am having similar symptoms.

I have a pain between ribs (left side) that is likely to be a result of coughing (had the flu for almost 2 months) but the pain under armit and breast have got worse after the flu was gone. No chance to sleep for more than an hour with pain and hot flushes  >:(

Let us know what your gp says, countrybumpkin.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 04:20:22 PM »

Thanks everyone. Gp said I was right to go in as it would be wrong to assume it is all from my spine problems. She examined me and said that she wanted blood tests to check my pancreas and liver and a full blood count.  I had fbc and liver just a couple of months ago and all was fine then but its good she is checking. 
I have hiatus hernia and have taken ranitidine for 30 years which works well as long as I stick to my diet, the burps can be caused by HH. I have had gallstones (very small ones) diagnosed 20 years ago and had a couple of attacks until I realised it was pastry I could not eat then fine ever since. I have 6 monthly liver tests and usually an ultrasound every 2 years to check they are still happy!  It is just 2 years since last one so guess after the blood tests this may be next test.
I have had cameras up and down in the past :o and nothing ever found and I have to say that I would not look forward to have either of those tests again! 
It could all be spine related as this sort of pain etc has been reason for all my previous tests where nothing was found but I am glad the Dr took it seriously and is looking further rather than just assuming.

breeze

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 04:28:06 PM »

Sounds like you have a good GP.   :)

Megamind

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 05:12:05 PM »

Good your GP is being so thorough.

Menomale

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 05:31:48 PM »

Hello Menomale, i was wondering how you are.  So sorry to hear you're still not feeling better.  That was one horrible bout of flu you had.  It can linger for months.  Get well soon.  :foryou:

S x

Thank you, sparkle, you're always so kind! I've been reading but not posting...this flu virus has been the worst ever, I hope to get a jab soon and never get that again! I'm not willing to do anything really, sounds like  depression again  :(

Countrybumpkin,

Nice gp, I wish I could have an appt but after the last one (when I got the flu) I'm reluctant to go see her again because it's a large clinic and lots of infectious diseases going around  :o Let us know how your tests go.

Sarai

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 05:29:19 PM »

It's good they are doing blood tests. I suffered a long time with back pain at bra area that radiated through to stomach. My chiropractor put my mind at rest saying the back and stomach share the same nerve pathways.
I have a kyohosisvand now 2 spine fractures at T8 and T9 which think the kyphosis caused but pain when it's going can come around the front and include ribs too.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 06:43:59 PM »

It never fails to amaze me how far pain can be felt from the actual spine conditions, trouble is that Dr's do like to rule out other causes which is good but does mean that I have had an awful lot of medical tests in my 30 years of disintigrating spine!

countrybumpkin

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 03:45:02 PM »

Blimey my GP did a whole load of blood tests, I thought when I arrived for the tests yesterday that there were alot of vials waiting to be filled ;D
I had diabetes/ferritin/amylase( pancreas)/full blood count/liver/kidneys/CRP/ESR

Apart from my ESR which is always slightly raised with me although as I am getting older its raised a bit more but they say stable everything else was in normal range.
I can view my test results on the computer which is not necessarily a good thing as I can compare with all previous results and a few things in full blood count like white blood cells ( lower end of normal) haemocrit ( higher end of normal) make me wonder whereas when I rang for results was told the Dr said all were normal except for my usual raised ESR.
I still have the stabbing pains around left side of ribs and lots of wind but also very stiff and painful back so who knows. I will go back and discuss further with GP. 
I hate health anxiety and I hate having irritable bowel syndrome and a very damaged spine, they are not a good combination >:( :o

breeze

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 07:53:29 AM »

Hi CB,

I thought of you this morning, and wondered how you are getting on.  Has your pain gone or the GP come up with a reason. 

I know how worried I was, when I had something similar.  Here's hoping yours has a straight forward explanation like mine.

breeze

countrybumpkin

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 08:11:04 PM »

Thanks Breeze.  The pain is much better although not gone. I still have no idea whether its coming from my digestive system or referred from my spinal issues.
I am back at Drs tomorrow for review.

breeze

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2017, 07:41:41 AM »

Good luck 🍀 with the doc today.
Let us know how you get on.
Pages: [1] 2