Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Benefits of yoga or Pilates  (Read 9741 times)

Evelyn63

Re: Benefits of yoga or Pilates
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 06:50:23 PM »

I have been going to a yoga class for over ten years, its adapted to suit " older ladies" and its more gentle stretching with some easy yoga poses thrown in .  No headstands but we do downward dog and salute the sun !  I enjoy the relaxation at the end and I never look at anyone else, too busy concentrating on remembering what pose Im supposed to be doing.  I find the breathing exercises good, and actually, when I had two recent treatments to go through , both the medical professionals said how calm and controlled I was , and it was definitely down to the breathing !

Clare11

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 10:10:16 AM »

Hi,
I have started a mindfulness course on my own with a book and cd. I think i started it about the same time you did Sparkle. I have slipped about as doing it on my own but i have found if i get anxious concentrating on my own breath is very useful. As they say your breath is always there 😁
And that is one good thing i have found.
x

walking the dog

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 10:48:38 AM »

There's,a free mindfulness app I have on my phone think its called mindfulness 1-9 counting its handy in emergencies

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 04:14:06 PM »

....... and breath.  But breath correctly!  Singing will help  ;)

KatyB

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 05:17:09 AM »

I sympathise with the looking at others thinking they are doing it better than you...I did pilates with a group after first baby as a post-natal get body back together and it was great - really improved muscle tone. Then after second baby tried a local general pilates class and just felt like I didn't have the right clothes etc. I've regretted that and now contemplating trying again - for deep muscle strength and continence if nothing else!

dulciana

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2017, 06:39:11 PM »

I sometimes do a bit of yoga, when my conscience ****s me about it.  The waist-trimming poses.  Not nearly often enough, though.   Years ago, my Mum took some ironing into hers and my Dad's bedroom.  She was just going to put the basket down when Dad spoke to her, from somewhere.  She turned round but she couldn't see him.  Then she spotted him - doing a yoga headstand in the corner of the room.  She said she nearly dropped the basket....... :)
Pages: 1 [2]