Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: tea  (Read 3861 times)

walking the dog

tea
« on: March 13, 2017, 01:06:28 PM »

Not really menopausal but as I haven't been drinking before / after my hysterectomy I discovered a herbal tea called Rose Lemonade by Taylors (hope I'm.allowed say that ) its the nicest herbal tea ever and the scent is amazing.
Give it a go if your looking for a change 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: tea
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 02:03:09 PM »

:thankyou:  that will be black with 2 sugars please  ;)

How are you feeling?

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 02:11:44 PM »

Hello walking the dog.

Sounds lovely! I like green tea and have tried other herbal teas with varying degrees of success also I have just started to make turmeric tea as this spice is known to be anti inflammatory. Anything and everything is worth a try in my book!

Take care.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 02:12:48 PM »

Turmeric is certainly the spice of choice these days.  We've used it in curries etc. for years, biggest problem is it turns everything yellow  :D

walking the dog

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 02:16:05 PM »

I'm doing fine so far thank you clkd. Tumeric tea sounds very interesting Kathleen, yes try anything if it brings relief, I once told my GP she could stamp on my toes if she thought it would help !

VanessaM

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 09:33:12 PM »

On the subject of turmeric, last year I injured my shoulder quite badly (overdoing it in the gym).  I refused to take the Naproxen that my GP prescribed.  I struggled with this injury for a good 6 months, struggling even to brush my hair.  Finally a friend suggested turmeric.  A few weeks of freshly made turmeric tea (root grated into hot water) and my shoulder was fine.  Maybe it healed naturally, maybe it was the turmeric.  I think its always worth trying these natural remedies.  I am very lucky here in North London.  My local Turkish supermarket has a supply of root turmeric which costs about 20p a piece. 

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 11:14:23 AM »

Not seen it in root form, we buy it in powder - if Nature was given a helping hand ? ;-).  Don't knock it.