Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: IBS  (Read 27001 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: IBS
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2019, 04:58:20 PM »

Slow transit is a nuisance at any time of year.  Add indigestion to the mix and last night I couldn't take my evening medication  :-\.  It came on ages after we had eaten.  Now I'm eating raw cauliflower and wonder if it will cause symptoms - watch this space !  I'm eating it slowly  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2019, 01:54:35 PM »

Slow transit is my biggest problem unless I don't eat properly - what ever that might be  ::)

I need lots of roasted veg.  I need to up my exercise as I found regular walking helps loosen up my insides.   Actimel has made a difference to my movements.  When I go on holiday without access to them I notice that everything slows down.

Eating every 3 hours helps, even in the night.  Ginger biscuits are a good stand by as are dried fruits and nuts.  DH can eat fruit until it comes out of his ears without any reactions.  Apparently .   :-X

I think too that we become less resilient to some food stuffs as we age.

jaypo

« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2019, 02:15:59 PM »

I'm going to try actimel,im sure slow transit is one of my problems,it's not that im constipated, I just don't need to go,then I blow up like a beach ball.laxitives just give me really bad stomach cramps,I've tried REALLY high fibre diets but nope,doesn't work either

CLKD

« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2019, 02:28:38 PM »

I found that I needed 3 pots a day ;-).  Strawberry with full fat, not the 0% stuff, helps my got a lot. 

CLKD

« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2019, 08:00:06 AM »

I don't eat red meat often, last week I had a small steak, fried.  Ate half, the next day my bowel was so slow.  Felt heavy.  I could watch the spasm moving food across my lower belly  :o and it took two days B4 I felt comfy again.  Anyone else find similar?  Also, baked beans cause a lot of pain  >:(

Wrensong

« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2019, 09:15:32 AM »

Yes CLKD, red meat is so hard to digest it can be like a roadblock.  We don't often eat it & when we do it's always with masses of veg.  Yes to pain from baked beans too & seems to be getting more of a problem the older I get - a nuisance as the fibre is useful!  Have read that many people under-produce the enzyme needed to digest beans & pulses & that can result in cramping & the other effects they are notorious for!

CLKD

« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2019, 11:27:05 AM »

I love cauli., but that's caused pain about 5 hours after eating it  >:(.  Peas however, OK so far.  'roadblock', love it!

Wrensong

« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2019, 02:38:33 PM »

Yes CLKD - brassicas are another family that can be hard to digest.  You are a glutton for punishment girl!!

CLKD

« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2019, 02:52:02 PM »

;D  yep  ;D but must get my veg. done me daily and I love most!  Haven't tried kale, spinach reminds me of school dinners  :-\ but broccoli, apsaragus, spuds, peas, green beans of all types ......... cabbage raw ..........

Wrensong

« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2019, 05:10:01 PM »

Yes, I love veg too CLKD & eat loads of it.  Kale can be bitter, but I mix it with other veg & serve in a French mustard sauce which usually gets around the bitterness enough to make it palatable.  OH seems to have fewer bitterness receptors in his mouth - he can never taste bitterness in greens, beer etc.  Lucky him!

jaypo

« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2019, 05:41:50 PM »

Broccoli gives me pain and I love it 😔
Immunology tomorrow at long last, at 6.10pm 😡 great time to try and get through Bristol

Countrygirl

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2019, 05:49:13 PM »

Jaypo my nutritionist appointment is in June so should be interesting, hope your immunology appt goes well and good luck with Bristol traffic x

jaypo

« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2019, 05:54:49 PM »

Thanks CG, I had to go private and still had to wait 3 months,otherwise it was over a years wait,just shows how many people are affected.
How long did you wait for nutritionist?

CLKD

« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2019, 08:03:05 PM »

Go plenty earlier enough jaypo?

jaypo

« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2019, 08:10:27 PM »

Yeah,we will,OH taking me,so he BETTER be home in plenty time :-\
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8