Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: tridesta advice  (Read 1333 times)

brads

tridesta advice
« on: March 09, 2017, 12:27:43 PM »

Hi,

I'm perimenopause  have been on Tridesta  for 3 months due to heavy long periods on Elleste. The oestrogen part has been fine, although I did have a heavy 2 week bleed and then some spotting.  However, when I got onto the progesterone tablets all hell has let loose.

Firstly my boobs have been agony. I have had PMT, which I don't usually get and I have had period pains for a week prior to my period. My period has started and I'm in agony to the point where I cant go to work. Again, this has never happened to me before. My period is gushing and I just hope it doesn't last another 2 weeks. I'm almost anaemic (although gp doesn't think so) but my b12, iron etc  is on the low end of the normal range.

I have just spoken to my GP who thinks the above will settle down after another 3 months of taking Tridesta. Has anyone experienced a similar thing and the pmt, period pain and flow settled down ? or do I have to look forward to another horrible period?

The GP to be fair, has said that if I cant cope with the thought of another period from hell or if the bleeding continues for 2 weeks and I have had enough the other option is Mirena coil and oestrogen.

Would really appreciate some advice.

Hurdity

Re: tridesta advice
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 05:34:49 PM »

Hi brads

Sorry to hear you are having problems with Tridestra. There aren't that many women who have used it that post on here. Have you tried going to the home page of the forum and doing a search which should highlight previous threads on this topic, and you will see whether other women have found that it settles?

I know it can be problematic because it is a fairly high dose of oestrogen so only to be expected that bleeds will be much higher - and also correspondingly the progestogen dose must be high so more likely to experience side effects.

Those of us who do long cycle HRT usually only manage maximum 2 months and then on low/medium doses of oestrogen - because we don't want a big bleed and we don't like high doses of progestogens!

The Mirena option does sound better - as this will reduce bleeding and even stop periods sometimes, well before menopause. Then you can add in oestrogen to suit - as patch or gel ideally.

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x