Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: .  (Read 1551 times)

sonka

« on: March 08, 2017, 10:30:56 PM »

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 01:55:47 PM by sonka »

Hurdity

Re: Conti HRT - can I induce bleed?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 05:47:37 PM »

Hi sonka

Maybe you are still getting some form of cycle which is breaking through occasionally? Femseven is not sufficient to suppress your own cycle. That would explain your sore breasts and feelings like you need to have a period.

If you have been bleeding constantly on and off I can't see that stopping the HRT and then restarting would make much difference - although theoretically you will bleed more once you stop - if there is lining to shed - although if your lining is thin as you say perhaps this is down to the fibroids? Also if you are ovulating then yes you should bleed more (also if you stop for a week or so) - and it should happen two weeks after ovulation!

Have you discussed Mirena coil with your consultant? Perhaps this is not possible with endometriosis - depending on where the endo deposits are? Some progestogen gets into the system from Mirena especially initially so maybe this could be a possibility long term? In the short term re your hols - I think best to talk to your doc and see if these is tablet you can take as well as the HRT which will prevent the bleeding for a couple of weeks?

Sorry that's probably not much help is it?!

Hurdity x