Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Increasing HRT dose?  (Read 1466 times)

Paula2016

Increasing HRT dose?
« on: March 08, 2017, 09:16:51 PM »

Hi ladies Looking for some advice please.. have been on evorel sequi (dose is 50) for about 18 months and quite settled on it, I started it at the first sign of flushes as I had already decided when the time came I wanted HRT. In. The last few weeks I seem to be getting disturbed nights again and have been getting a lot more flushes than usual.wondered if I should try increasing my HRT or wait and see if it settles again? Thanks for any help

samweller161

Re: Increasing HRT dose?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 08:51:48 AM »

Hi Paula, there is no shame in having a chat with your GP or practice nurse - we all start off on the lowest dose and then have to amend as/if times change.  I was on 1mg for 2 years and then some night sweats started again so increased to 2mg.  Are there any external stresses which might be affecting you? 

I guess if you feel you can manage, I would wait and see if it settles, if you work for example and need the sleep then you might want to ask about an increase.

SP x

Hurdity

Re: Increasing HRT dose?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 05:23:19 PM »

Hi Paula2016

:welcomemm:

How old are you and what was your cycle doing before you started HRT? This will give an indication of where you are along the journey. Do you get the flushes etc at a particular point in the cycle? Some women get them more in the second phase when oestrogen drops lower. As you get further into peri-menopause overall your oestrogen levels will fall so some women need higher doses. If this is the case, and it doesn't settle, if you want to increase your oestrogen, you would be better off using separate oestrogen and progestogen because Evorel sequi only comes in the one dose.  Have a look at the Treatment /HRT preparations tab above which lists all the different types.

Hurdity x