Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: new member  (Read 5356 times)

daisy2004

Re: new member
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2017, 09:53:45 PM »

i went on hrt with feeling so low that was a year ago i had the coil fitted in dec to help with period i will now be starting hrt with just estrogen x

Lanzalover

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 11:32:13 PM »

Hi daisy2004

Well it's no wonder you feel so awful the progesterone will more than likely have been cancelling out the benefits of the estrogen you were taking.

If I was you I would go straight to the estrogen only now as you don't need any extra progesterone! you are getting what you need from the mirena.

Progesterone taken systemically can linger in the body for a while (sorry I don't know how long but if if hurdity reads this I'm sure she will be able to advise) so it may take a little longer for the estrogen to work its magic you should see an improvement in the flushes first but it can take a couple of months to see a improvement in mood etc.

Hopefully now you are on the correct hrt things will improve for you and do keep us updated.

Love Lanzalover x

daisy2004

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 07:47:01 PM »

thanku soooo much lanzalover for your advice very glad i joined the group i will keep you posted on the new hrt fingers crossed ;)x

Mumalmighty

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 08:03:52 PM »

Hi daisy2004. hope u will soon be feeling better. I don't know wat to do for the best. Think I'm having the worst day so far and I finished my period yesterday. Today it feels like my arms r going to drop off they feel so heavy and painful, all day I've wanted to just fall asleep. My mood is really low and I'm thinking is it time to seek help instead of all this suffering (am feeling really sorry for myself) messed up is right I feel 90. my sister who is in full meno won't go on hrt cos she says all it does is hold the menopause off until u come off it like it delays it or something plus I'm worried about side effects. i probs shudve made a new thread for this but am so tired I just kept babbling on.  :(

daisy2004

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 08:41:14 PM »

hello mumalmighty just read your post we seem so alike i have had a bad few days my head still fuzzy bad headache and very weepy and thats on hrt and i want to sleep all the time i am not sure hrt is working i feel very messed up do you think you will try hrt ?

Mumalmighty

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 09:15:33 PM »

Yes head always fuzzy not quite a full headache. I want to feel like my old self so I know I shud try something but I think I'm waiting till I really can't cope at all but that's me all over will never ask for help. I'm my own worst enemy.,I worry about the fact that I still have my own hormones cos only in Peri and how that wud interfere with hrt. I've been sterilised So don't need contraception so like uve had the coil or some people go on the pill for me it's not necessary do people do that just to help with meno do u think or for contraception aswell?

Mumalmighty

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2017, 09:23:34 PM »

Oh and I sympathise I'm very weepy too even thou I've finished my period. Feel sorry for my family having to look at my miserable face all the time lol

daisy2004

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 09:48:19 PM »

my gp advised the coil cos i was getting a bad 2 week build up to period so said it may help calm it down it taken me a while to decide on hrt cos like you panic about side effects i am also peri i am 48 next week i am starting to get more and more things happening i dont feel the same anymore i do feel for my hubby he cant do anything right lol lets hope we both feel more normal real soon sleep well x

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2017, 05:41:47 PM »

hi Daisy2004- welcome. I'm a newbie too. Just joined yesterday. Think you are getting too much progesterone but after reading stuff I've found on the site and getting some advice from the ladies here, I now understand that not all progesterone is equal and some women have a sensitivity to certain types. I thought if you had a mirena you only took oestrogen either orally or transdermally? Point is- check with your doc and have a look at the HRT preps on the site if in doubt. Don't be afraid of making a nuisance of yourself. I feel spaced out too- as if I'm drunk but without any of the enjoyment! Pretty sure it's to do with the progesterone. Keep going girl and hope you get it sorted soon x

daisy2004

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2017, 08:15:44 PM »

hi there michelemabelle i went to docs last week and i start a hrt which is oestrogen only so fingers crossed it helps . its horrible isent it when your head dosent feel right how long have you been going threw menopause

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 10:25:33 PM »

hi Daisy2004- I first went to docs with symptons nearly 2.5 years ago but I wasn't classed as menopausal as was still having periods ( I'm now 56) Been on HRT for 16/17 months but they still haven't got it right which is why I've taken matters into my own hands and going to see consultant privately. I'd have much preferred not to do this but it's been going on too long with my GP practice now. Let us know how you get on x

Mumalmighty

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2017, 09:23:18 AM »

Hi daisy 2004 I'm sorry I haven't responded to ur last msg I only noticed it in my emails on my computer for for some reason it's not showing on my phone 🤔 Anyway thank you for asking, I'm a bit better today think it cud be my good week as I only get one out of 4 even thou I wudnt say I was 100% still achey but my head feels better and don't feel so dizzy. I wonder if I will ever feel normal again. How r u at the mo is ur head any better? X

daisy2004

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2017, 08:34:01 PM »

hi michelemabelle i dont blame you going to see someone private i have thought about doing that often good luck and keep in touch let me know how you get on x

daisy2004

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2017, 08:44:39 PM »

hi mumalmighty thats good to hear you feel a bit better but i no what you mean about feeling normal again i dont no about you but sometimes cant wait to go to sleep to switch off from it all my head still isent right and had a bad headache for 3 days now grrrrrrrr have you any more thoughts on going on hrt ? x

Mumalmighty

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2017, 09:46:42 AM »

Hi daisy2004 aww isn't it a nightmare that there just seems nothing that can get rid of these pains and niggles in painkiller form  :-\ I think about it all the time but then reading about how other ladies sometimes think their dosage is wrong and plus the fact I'm in Peri I m not sure I need the confusion and worry of wondering all the time if wat I'm taking is this or that. That sounds stupid doesn't it cos surely all I want is to see improvement but I've never been one for taking medication (if I can help it) and just feel like I wud like to see this thru for as long as I possibly can. I mean I can still function albeit always feeling rubbish i take menopace and do have paracetamol or ibuprofen something I've never done on a regular basis until this last year . I'll be honest I hate the doctors wen I go I cry to him and I feel like such an idiot I know that's wat they're there for but with that and the fact I can never get an appt or have to wait 2hrs + in the waiting room of walk in centre it just puts me off going. Last time I went he suggested I look at the patient website and look at available treatment for menopause  :o as if to like let me choose for myself. All down to the fact they only have 10 mins if that to speak to u and can't get u out quick enuf! Also he sent me for blood tests all full MOT he said. They came Back clear and receptionist said come back thou if symptoms r the same. Why don't they take note of the actual reason Uve gone in the first place to then be complacent and Don't kind of invite u back to talk properly about the fact u think ur in perimenopause (I'm assuming my tests didn't show that ) cos it took all I had to go in the first place wen I wasnt specifically asked to come and see doctor I just left it and So here I am same as I was before. My main problem is the tingling in my left arm and leg and slightly left side of face and water retention it's there all the time ( don't think this is my good week lol) anyway sorry for rambling on but that's why I haven't had the courage yet to ask about HRT. Hope ur feeling a bit better today. Why has no one ever ever told me before wat to expect until I found this site 😫X
Pages: 1 [2] 3