Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: new member  (Read 5358 times)

daisy2004

« on: March 03, 2017, 05:58:45 PM »

hello i have just joined after my doctor telling me about this sight my name is rebecca i am 47 and have been been going threw the perimenopause about 2 years now i am getting more and more symptoms tearfull moody low not sleeoing well hot flushes clumsy since tuesday i have felt dizzy lightheaded a bit like a jetlag feeling its driving me crazy but my doc says its just another symptom would like to hear if anyone else has experianced this thankyou rebecca x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 07:11:29 PM »

:welcomemm:

Browse round.  Make notes.  Sounds 'about normal' from where I'm sitting  ::)

daisy2004

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 07:28:31 PM »

thankyou for your reply :)

dazned

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 08:02:07 PM »

Hi  :welcomemm:

Sounds like par for the course here ! Good to see that your Gp knew about MM ,your not alone now so hopefully we can do our best to reassure you.

Lanzalover

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 08:40:45 PM »

Hi dasy2004 and welcome to the forum.

Most of us have been there or are there at the moment !

Did your GP discuss treatment options with you and if so what was suggested. I'm sure someone here will be able to help.

Lanzalover x

daisy2004

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 08:41:34 PM »

thanks for the comments ladies its just this feeling in my head its horrible its 4 days now just hope it goes as fast as it arrived looks like its another thing to the list

daisy2004

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 08:48:22 PM »

hi lanzalover i am on hrt but my gp said it wont solve every symptom i get x 

Mumalmighty

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 02:18:52 PM »

Welcome daisy2004.
I only feel normalish for about one week out of every month. All the same things as u have described. I'm 49 in July and although noticed some symptoms a few years ago they have come with a vengeance this last year. Hopefully you will feel better just to know u r not alone. This site has helped my anxiety no end and I worry less about my symptoms which helps me cope better. Hope it does the same for you  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 04:10:11 PM »

I take ADs and Beta-blockas so have a feeling of being 'hung over' every morning ........ I've kind of got used to it  ::)

daisy2004

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 08:56:48 PM »

hi mumalmighty its nice to hear from you and a comfort to not feel alone in this .do you feel dizzy and kinda spaced out aswell ?

Mumalmighty

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 10:52:54 AM »

All the time daisy2004, never feel right like a drunken feeling along with dizzy spells. I compare it with being pregnant and hormones just rushing round ur body constantly peaking and troughing. I'm starting to get used to it. It's worse wen I'm on my period which is now then for just a week I might feel not bad. I'm trying to cope just taking menopace to make sure I'm not short of vitamins. Worrying does make it far worse. But it's easier said than done to not worry wen u feel all these things virtually all of the time  :-\

daisy2004

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 07:32:24 PM »

hello mumalmighty this feeling in my head started last tues i kinda feel like jet lag i had the coil fitted in dec that was an awfull experience but had it done cos my build up to a period was lasting 2 weeks then was on period and like you only had a week feeling normal it took all last year trying a few different hrt as was feeling very low my gp said its just trying to get the right one the one i am on now is ok but i now have to change it cos the coil is releasing a hormone which i am already taking with the hrt i dont no about you but my body feels so messed up x

Lanzalover

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 08:17:15 PM »

Hi daisy2004

Have I read this right you currently have the Mirena coil fitted but you are also taking hrt which includes progesterone?

Lanzalover

daisy2004

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2017, 08:53:59 PM »

hi lanzolover yes thats right so i am having double of that hormone i start my new hrt in a few days just got to finish the pack i have now x

Lanzalover

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2017, 09:41:49 PM »

Hi daisy2004

As far as I am aware if you have the Mirena fitted you only need to take systemic estrogen as the Mirena provides adequate proctection of the womb lining. Was there a reason why you were prescribed a hrt which included progesterone or was it a mistake ? and have you now got an estrogen only hrt ?

Lanzalover x
Pages: [1] 2 3