Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Healthy eating?  (Read 12273 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Healthy eating?
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2017, 12:24:30 PM »

It might not matter financially but in places across the World, half a bag of veg would go a long way - do you home compost? 

Do U add up exactly what you throw away in the course of 4-6 weeks?  Where does it go, into landfill or Council composting scheme, some Councils are better than others   ::).  Plus the plastic bag it's stored in, that's my biggest gripe - plastic in general  >:(.  In your situation I would buy frozen veg where possible: peas, chopped mixed peppers, sweetcorn: [though I HATE frozen greens i.e. sprouts  :beaurk:] - sprouts, tomatoes, peppers, all keep in a cool dark place, long after the 'use by' date  ;) as do spuds.  That way you can cook exactly what you can eat in a meal.  This morning I threw out the rest of the cold mashed potatoes, starlings were soon down for it as well as a male blackbird - no waste there then.

I can't abide trifle, all that phaffing when it could be served separately  ;D

Should be pancakes tonight but probably not until the weekend ...... with sugar and lemon juice, of course  ;)

babyjane

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2017, 12:32:52 PM »

a nice home made trifle is my favourite dessert  :).  I dislike pancakes and have refused to make them so hubby will have to pull his finger out and make his own.  He has the time  ::)

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2017, 03:44:41 PM »

We have very little food wastage - not because we're on a particular budget, I just hate waste.  So between us using left-overs the next day and the dogs there is very little that actually gets thrown away.

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2017, 03:49:36 PM »

Hi Greyhoundgal - how you doing?  Not much milk/yoghurt is wasted as next doors' cats visit on the off-chance  :D

CLKD

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2017, 07:19:15 PM »

Your Council is going backwards  >:( - we are told no foodstuffs in the landfill bins!  Even if I didn't garden we would still do composting.  Then we could sell it  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]