Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Newly Diagnosed with Colon Cancer  (Read 21637 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newly Diagnosed with Colon Cancer
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2017, 03:34:13 PM »

I agree - let us know!

Jenna

« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2017, 04:23:03 PM »

Lynne888 does have a blog she has mentioned before:

http://whencancercomescalling.blogspot.co.uk/

Megamind

« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2017, 04:55:09 PM »

Thanks Jenna, I must have missed that.

Just read the blog, glad to hear you don't have to go back for a year Lynne and wishing you well.

Hurdity

« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2017, 05:28:33 PM »

Hi NikkiDUK

I've only just read this as I've been away but just wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis of pancreatic cancer and that it took such a long time to find, but so pleased that your op went well.

Wishing you all the best with your ongoing treatment and recovery.  :tulips2:

Hurdity x  :hug:

CLKD

« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2017, 08:41:59 PM »

:thankyou:

NikkiDUK

« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2017, 07:26:31 AM »

A quick update as I've hijacked this thread enough! Follow-up couldn't have been better - tumour self contained with clear margins, no lymph nodes involvement and no secondaries despite being over 7cm big! Such a relief. The Churchill have recommended mop-up chemo just to be sure there are no microscopic cells left lurking which I will probably do, as insurance (as much as you can be insured against pancreatic cancer) - I want to do everything I can to beat this thing. I've been incredibly lucky - the Churchill said it was a perfect outcome. I can't quite believe it. It's been such a rollercoaster, physically and emotionally. Thanks for all your kind thoughts here. As if menopause wasn't bad enough to cope with as well!

coldethyl

« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2017, 07:49:49 AM »

That's really good news - I had mop up chemo ( I think the posh them is adjuvant - I preferred to call it Hoover chemo) after my hysterectomy for ovarian cancer. Still no guarantees as you say, but at least you feel as though you've done everything you can - if you want to chat about chemo feel free to PM me or there is a thread on hear called update to breast cancer where three of us that had chemo for various things chatted through our treatments. I won't lie and say it's a breeze, but it was not as terrible as I'd expected and the oncology team do their best to ameliorate the side effects as much as possible. X

Jenna

« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2017, 08:02:07 AM »

Hi NikkiDUK,

I'm so very pleased to hear your wonderful news and thank you for letting us know.

Here is the thread coldethyl just mentioned:

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32792.0.html

Wishing you all the very best. xx :foryou:

CLKD

« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2017, 11:21:59 AM »

Well done both of you!   :bighug:

CLKD

« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2017, 11:31:49 AM »

As an aside - if the RSPCA won't 'act' then contact the local Vet. practices that deal with horses, our Surgery has a dedicated horse clinic facility.  It's like dogs being tied up, as long as they have access to water and a shelter it's not seen by the RSPCA as 'cruel'.  However, this particular charity appears not to prosecute unless there's something in it for them, i.e. publicity or funding.  The Government are thinking of removing their powers to prosecute unless it's animal welfare rather than infiltrating local hunts!

What happened to the horses?  If the owner approaches say "Oh I'm so relieved to see someone, I am worried that they aren't getting enough to eat in the cold/wet/hot sunshine [as appropriate].  What can you tell me about these particular ponies, it's a long while since I got the chance to ride".  I think that the owners of tethered horses have to visit twice a day ........

So pleased with your news too Lynne!  Hopefully the fear of the cancer returning will ease, the times I felt anxious was about 2 weeks B4 each follow-up appt., in-between because I had done all the Consultant and Oncologist had suggested I 'got on'.  Keep up with the blog now that I know where it is  ::)

wombat62

« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2017, 10:41:33 PM »

Nikki, great news, so glad that you are doing so well! Just take care of yourself!

Salad

« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2017, 07:58:57 AM »

Lovely to hear this good news - keeping my fingers crossed it's as good for my friend  :)

Evelyn63

« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2017, 11:32:01 AM »

What a relief for you Lynne, it's much easier when you know what you are dealing with and have a plan !  Take care and rest up !
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]