Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3309 times)

Menomale

Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 04:18:03 PM »

Oh Jackanory, now I understand what is the trouble... I'm sorry if I misunderstood you. I'm assuming you cannot buy the vaginal oestrogen online without prescription, right? That is so frustrating... how about changing gps? They should listen to your clinical symptoms and not just rely on what they "think they see"! I really hope that the DHEA pessaries improve your symptoms but bear in mind that it can mess up with other endometrium issues (fibroids, polyps) so keep regular scans and keep trying to find a more helpful gp!

XXX

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 04:23:45 PM »

Jackanory: are you able to change your GP Practice or maybe speak to a Pharmacist in your area about what is available and which GPs support menopausal ladies?  Most Pharmacies across the UK have private rooms for such discussions.  Sadly we are approaching the end of the Financial Year when many GPs are holding back on referrals and prescriptions  >:(  :sigh:

Does your GP Practice have a Nurse Practitioner, who should be able to discuss HRT clearly as well as offering prescription suggestions? 

jessieblue

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 05:19:07 PM »

That is outrageous Jackanory!  If you are having these ongoing issues there must be a reason. Just a thought.  In my area there are a few private GP services.  I know its a bit more pricey because a consult is about £50 or so and then you must pay privately for your prescriptions.  My oestrogen cream was £42 per tube.  Also I have gotten prescriptions online before from an online pharmacy.  You have to pay for a dr consult which I think is £20 and I guess its only for straightforward things, but I have used it before for eczema cream and was a fast aand efficient service for a small amount extra.  Just in case your home made product isnt effective.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 05:46:20 PM »

We have an NHS which should be working for us  :bang:  :sigh:
Pages: 1 [2]