Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Feeling dreadful - need to vent  (Read 2849 times)

Jellyb

Feeling dreadful - need to vent
« on: January 30, 2017, 02:52:15 PM »

Sorry - I just need to get this out.

Been taking Evorel Conti since Dec last year.  It's not my first time on HRT (had Mirena & Evorel 25 before this), no idea if it's the patches causing how I'm feeling - I guess it is but just need to vent.

I feel so low.  I had Friday off work as I felt so run down, glands were up, no energy.  I slept for ages, spent the weekend knowing that I had stuff to do but no energy or inclination to get off my bum to do it.  Came to work today but just feel so tearful and low.  Keep crying in the toilets and have been moody with everyone (not good when you're first point of contact).  I just want to be at home with my husband and dogs and be away from everyone.

I have never suffered with depression although, over the years I have had episodes of loss of confidence and feeling that I look like a bag of sh1t.  My mum suffered a bout of depression around the time of her menopause.  This time, I feel like I am edging further and further towards crossing that line.  I desperately don't want to cross it, but I don't know what to do.  I'm sitting at my desk typing this and i'm starting to cry, how on earth can I deal with people like this?  My head feels like it's being squeezed and i have a tightness in my chest.

Sorry, just needed to say all that as I have no one else to talk to, my husband is lovely but he doesn't "get" it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feeling dreadful - need to vent
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 03:04:39 PM »

A virus can make someone feel as you have in the last few days, there's been several 'nasties' about!  Hormones can cause anxiety and depression, which can also present as you have felt.

Maybe your HRT needs a hike? 

Jellyb

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 03:06:39 PM »

Thanks CLKD
I'm on a higher dosage than I was before, and I've posted separately about having extremely sore breasts for several weeks, so I'd be reluctant to increase any further.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 04:34:52 PM »

Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary?  Were you prone to depression previously?

Jellyb

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 04:46:26 PM »

Used to do a mood diary but I was OK for a long time so stopped it.
Have never had depression but I believe I have been close several times. Have always managed to put on a brave face, get on with life & eventually was OK.  But this time I feel so bleak.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 04:50:41 PM »

Can you explain 'close' to depression.  Moods can swing but depression sits heavily and is difficult to shift.  I had it prior to each bleed which cleared every month, more like the 'weeps'  ::) - when depression hit I couldn't move.  Hormones can cause ups and downs which can become 'stuck' during The Change  :sigh:

Talking to your GP about the dose you take plus adding an anti-depressant for 5-6 months to see if medication eases those symptoms.

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 04:57:45 PM »

Hello Jellyb.

Hopefully one of the expert ladies will be along soon to talk about your HRT but in the meantime I wanted to send hugs. Your symptoms sound like classic menopause problems to me and many of us can relate to how you are feeling. I know I've wanted to hide under a rock until the awful feelings go away.

Wishing you well and keep posting, you are not alone.

K.

Menomale

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 05:05:27 PM »

Hi JellyB,

I'm also no expert in HRT, but if you say you started a new regime last December then I guess you may be just adjusting to it, most regimes take at least 3 months to settle. I can totally relate, last days have been a roller coaster... just hang in there and think that these days are numbered and talk to the amazing ladies here whenever you need, it does make a difference!

Many hugs and good wishes!

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 09:10:35 AM »

Hello JellyBean
I'm not sure but if you are on evorel conti, that will mean you are taking a small amount of progesterone, nohisterine every day.
I know from personal experience that nohisterine is one of the least tolerated progesterones. It's just a thought but maybe the progesterone is not suiting you and you may need to change.

I took evorel sequi for 3 months and I know that I felt as you describe whilst taking the combi patch.  With the Mirena you get far less progesterone delivered to your system than with the patch. Could you not go back to Mirena?

If you want a reason for your low mood, I would certainly look at nohisterine at the cause. I know it suits some ladies but for me, it made me feel very low.
Hope this helps xx
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 09:13:59 AM by Mis71Mum »

Jellyb

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 10:25:59 AM »

Thanks for all your replies.
Still feel the same today, whereas this usually only lasts the day.
I felt a bit better at home last night, but that's when I'm in my safe little bubble with hubby & pooches.
Lots of people in at work today & I don't want to come across as miserable but it's hard to be chirpy when you don't feel like it.
I've always seen my consultant for hrt related stuff so don't think my GP would know what to do. I see consultant again in March. Did have Norethisterone in some other tablets last year & I had an episode of raging temper & lashing out, not down & feeling like this though.
CLKD, it's probably not depression,  having seen my mum suffer, I don't think I'm experiencing what she did. But I am afraid that if I can't shake it off that it will get worse.