Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Severe insomnia again!  (Read 14565 times)

countrybumpkin

Re: Severe insomnia again!
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2017, 11:01:25 AM »

Grrrrr i was happy and relaxed yesterday after a nights natural sleep when I went to bed but was still awake at 2am. I then gave in and took a nytol and then slept okay.  Trouble is I just cannot wait and see if I fall asleep eventually on my own because once I am not asleep after an hour the evil panic kicks in.  I need a very short acting something to get me to sleep. I don't have a problem with waking alot during night as thats normal for me its just the initial getting to sleep.

Having a zonked husband next to me who falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow does not help me >:( >:(

Sorry for the moan, I know I just have to deal with this myself or get used to it but your replies do make me feel better.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2017, 11:06:23 AM »

I read.  Dropped off to sleep for about 12 mins., woke with a jerk and stayed awake reading for another 2hours before my lids began to droop.  Woke needing a bathroom visit at 7.30.  Feel quite ruff though  :-\
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 11:33:09 AM by CLKD »

countrybumpkin

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2017, 11:27:20 AM »

I wish I could read in the night but I can only use a kindle as I am partially sighted and reading on a kindle is not good because of the light it emits or so they say. I would also need to put my glasses on as well!!!

I do wonder sometimes if like you I sleep for short time but just don't realise it so I think that I have not been to sleep at all and then panic when its 2am.

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2017, 11:34:27 AM »

I often think that I'm not going to drop off, then I find I've slept all night.  Some nights I can feel myself dropping off ........ others I have deep sleep for 20-40 mins. B4 waking ........ most nights I sleep from 11.30 until 5.00 for a bathroom visit, then back to sleep until 9.00. 

Menomale

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2017, 12:26:15 PM »

I wish I could read in the night but I can only use a kindle as I am partially sighted and reading on a kindle is not good because of the light it emits or so they say. I would also need to put my glasses on as well!!!

I do wonder sometimes if like you I sleep for short time but just don't realise it so I think that I have not been to sleep at all and then panic when its 2am.

Same problem here, and I wear contact lenses, even worse than glasses (which I can't wear, unless I quit the lenses). If I'm reading and almost falling asleep I have to wake up to take them off and... you know. :(

dazned

« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2017, 12:47:03 PM »

Do you use the Nytol from behind the pharmacy counter with the Phena...something in it,not the one off the general shelves? There is a diffence    ::)

Justjules

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2017, 02:07:53 PM »

Hi Countrybumpkin - sorry to hear you are struggling so badly.  I'm not a bad sleeper thankfully but when my anxiety is severe, I do have the early waking at 5:00am which is bad enough.

Anyway, just to say my Mum used to work for a Chemist and he told her to take an anti-histamine when she was having sleep problems as they aren't addictive and work as well as a sleeping tablet and that's what she still does.  Just a thought....
x

countrybumpkin

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2017, 03:42:29 PM »

The nytol is the anti histamine one thats behind the counter not the herbal one.  It does work for me but I have read that the sedating effect wears off if you take it every day for a few weeks so will have to see.

I know that it is the fact I have taken somethimg that I know makes you sleepy that sends me to sleep rather than what I have taken!

CLKD

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2017, 04:25:08 PM »

I'm fighting sleep all day after Lorazepam  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2017, 04:59:23 PM »

What foods are suggested?  I can't access the article

countrybumpkin

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2017, 05:01:02 PM »

Bananas, turkey.milk etc they all contain trytrophan whcih helps you sleep. This is where the hot milky drink advice comes from.  Reckon I could bathe in the stuff without effect ;D

CLKD

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2017, 09:07:42 PM »

I eat bananas occasionally now.  Won't have turkey in the house ........ I drink chocolate milkshake often.   I've had a sleep this evening the tablet took over eventually and will carry on into the night  ::)

countrybumpkin

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2017, 10:37:56 PM »

CKLD what tablet? Lorazepam maybe? 

CLKD

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2017, 10:51:53 AM »

Yep.  Dropped off for an hour in the evening, watched more TV, bathed then slept >phew< - less anxious this morning but OH I did dream.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2017, 10:59:50 AM »

You must have a very sypathetic Dr as none of the Drs at my surgery will give any benzo's except for things like having a mri scan or other one off situation.  Have you got it prescribed for anxiety?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5