Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Prolapse pain relief  (Read 10551 times)

cubagirl

Re: Prolapse pain relief
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 12:42:07 PM »

Annie, wow. The things we went through to have kids.  I came across some amazing folk during my two pregnancies.  The things they were prepared to do to have their babies.

My pain is duller today, but I'm trying to stay off my feet.  I'm doing pelvic floor exercises quite often, whether it's that which is easing the pain, or staying off my feet I don't know. 

Annie0710

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 01:22:18 PM »

Ear still painful but not as bad as it was.  Left me with glue ear and some hearing loss in right ear.  Drum keeps vibrating.  Still on steroid nose drops until I see ENT again.  Sounds a like Eustacian Tube Dysfunction

I feel lucky with the kids.  Traumatic stillbirth at 19 weeks left me with the prolapse at age 23. The next 2 pregnancies I had to have amniocentesis too x

cubagirl

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 05:00:13 PM »

Aw that's a shame Annie.  I had ectopic pregnancy between our 2.  Very painful.  But I always think that if that had been a successful pregnancy, we probably wouldn't have gone on to have our lovely son.  So every cloud...

Annie0710

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 06:47:29 PM »

Oh absolutely Cubagirl, things could've been so different but I have 3 healthy adult children and 3 grandchildren

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 09:54:01 PM »

I haven't read all of the thread, sorry, but wondered what has prolapsed? I don't remember that pain is a feature of prolapse to be honest? On the other hand I have had lots of pain since my hysterectomy, due to prolapse, which feel like period pains. I find this very strange!

Taz x

cubagirl

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 10:28:00 PM »

Back wall has prolapsed slightly. I'm at a loss as to cause of pain too Taz. She said everything looked healthy apart from that. However, she suggested that after 4 major ops in same area the muscles are probably knackered & unable to hold things in place anymore, hence the dragging period like pain, which kinda makes sense.

Taz2

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 08:37:16 AM »

Yes I can see how that would cause discomfort. If this might be the case have you been referred for pelvic floor assessment and physio? You probably wont be offered it unless you ask but it should be available to you. If you strengthen the muscles then there should be less pain?

Taz x

cubagirl

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 08:49:11 AM »

Being referred to prolapse clinic.  In the meantime I've to do lots of pelvic floor exercising. Time will tell Taz. How long I have to wait is another problem.  When I asked, I was told several months.

Winterose

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 12:14:10 PM »

Cuba girl did you see my post on inflataballs for prolapse, might help keep everything in place and stop pain. Its  a small inflatable ball which you place in your vagina , pump it up - 1 pump does me - and then at night when you want to deflate it you deflate it with the tube thats attached .  I didnt have pain with my prolapse but felt so uncomfortable and it definitely ached in that area as the day went on.  i dont even notice it  although went through a bit of trial and error to start with .I had a little bit of urine leakage  with a full bladder and that has stopped completely   so another benefit , :)Life transforming I can assure you - running is good again.

cubagirl

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2017, 04:32:14 PM »

Yes thanks I saw that post.
Pages: 1 [2]