Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: The Surgical Menopause Thread  (Read 76523 times)

Rhiner

Re: The Surgical Menopause Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2017, 06:04:50 PM »

Hi Joes mum, Im BSO and on 75ug patch, just had my bloods done last week and only 115 Pmol/l of oestrogen. I feel OK on this level though, just a blip at Xmas where it felt as though my oestrogen level had dropped, this went on for about a month, I had a couple of virus infections and I think they seem to zap your oestrogen, esp when we no longer produce our own. I have very slowly gone back to normal (whatever that is these days), i.e. no weakness, feeling faint, bad anxiety etc.
I have not had my levels checked before this though (apart from 2 weeks post BSO when level was zero, surprise surprise), so nothing to compare to. I am quite pleased as I thought they would be sky high on 75ug and this level is more in keeping with post meno levels. Just goes to show that transdermal absorption does vary widely with different individuals.

Rhiner

donnacrichton

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2017, 07:35:50 PM »

Hi I won't bore you with a full history but I am trying to fight to get ovaries removed. My issue has been huge fluctuations from age 38 and diagnosed peri then. I have had my system shut down with zoladex which worked but my own system still popped in & out that lasted a year. The last year I have been taking buserelin nasal spray to shut down estrogen and having similar problems can feel fine then own estrogen still pops in. I would love if anyone has had similar problems and managed to get ovary removal x

abbyH

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2017, 08:16:53 PM »

Marie, I've given up - taken the patch off..

I was ok for a few weeks, then got the whole huge boobs, hot flushes at night and feeling weepy stuff

I want to try Tibolone and that is that.. I just keep getting fobbed off told to go to hospital (8-12 week waiting list) etc

I'm going to tie myself to the surgery door on friday and beg!

xx

Tempest

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2017, 08:31:07 PM »

Oh, Abby! I'm sorry, hun! :'(

I understand COMPLETELY. I've been there, felt awful too! So don't you get these symptoms when you're on nothing at all? I'm going through a few very dicey days on Tibolone right now and Hubby is wanting to take me to GP tomorrow as HE is not happy! My mood has been ok, but the crippling anxiety is back along with the shakes and almost zero sleep. My thyroid numbers were off last time - I discussed it with Joesmum so I'm going to insist on a re-test.

I understand that Tibolone can have a rocky start and I've been reading other ladie's experiences and mine are similar, but we've been at this too long haven't we? I think Hubby just wants to make sure everything that should be checked is being checked, and that I'm not heading downwards again.

I think though that you personally may very well be fine on it, so please don't be discouraged by my present situation - I could very well have other things going on.

Keep in touch, won't you? Remember - I'll be there in spirit with you, cheering you on when you go to your appointment! Hugs! xxxxx

abbyH

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2017, 08:37:20 PM »

So Tibolone hasn't worked for you???

I really want it to work - it sounds like the magic bullet...
I will give up HRT after this if I can't get sorted on Tibolone

I'm so sorry you are going through this

So hard.. will be thinking of you xxx

Hugs
Abby xxx

Tempest

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2017, 09:08:31 PM »

So far, it's been very up and down Abby! I think I may have other issues going on though. Like you, if this doesn't work out then I'm at a loss and I'm going to give up. It's not as straightforward as the majority of ladies just supplementing declining hormones for us, is it? That's why I started this thread. Our needs and problems are undoubtedly different!

Thank you so much for the hugs - sending the very same right back to you too. xxxx

Joesmum

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2017, 02:17:26 PM »

Hi all again,

BLOOD TEST TESULTS ON 50mcg PATCH - 280 pmol.

Well that's certainly higher than it was! I'm really surprised.
Just to remind you all I'd been halving a 100mcgs patch because I'd run out of 50's and my estrogen levels plummeted to 90pmols! At which point my endocrinologist told me off.

Now I've only been on the new patches for a couple of weeks so it might be that the estrodial is still peaking and won't settle for another couple of weeks? OR
When my thyroid is running a bit low I metabolism my patches much more slowly and end up with higher blood levels as I use them up more slowly?

Whatever it is I'm much happier to see that level.

My biggest concern is bone health. I don't really know what levels we need to preserve good bone health but I've always guessed around 300pmols? Plus I'm 52 so really relatively young..ish!!

HI RHINER - I'm quite surprised that your levels are only that high on 75 mcgs. Maybe you do absorb it well and metabolise it well? We are all soooo different!

Tempest

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2017, 08:16:30 PM »

That's good news, Joesmum!

I've no idea what level we need, and I personally won't be able to monitor blood levels as I'm on Tibolone. Are you feeling a little better in yourself now? xxxx

Anjia

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2017, 03:59:18 PM »

I have Tibelone on my bedside table ready to start but keep putting it of because of side affects.At the moment I feel dreadful I dont no if my estrogen is to high or to low I have swapped from patch back to tablet Im having night sweats adrenaline surges anxiety just awful this has been going on for 4 years ok for a few months then back to square one.I feel so stupid with myself that I dont no whats happening to my own body theres no meno clinic near me so no help .

abbyH

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2017, 04:36:51 PM »

Anja, I've got mine on my bedside ready to start tonight!
Let's do this together and then we can support one another. I've not been too bad recently, but would like to get my energy and mojo back - and my hair

I've heard/read really good things about this HRT especially if you've had BSO and Hysterectomy... So fingers x'd. I'm going to take mine tonight and will post tomorrow or Monday about how it's going. .

Abby x

Annie0710

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2017, 05:58:35 PM »

I have Tibelone on my bedside table ready to start but keep putting it of because of side affects.At the moment I feel dreadful I dont no if my estrogen is to high or to low I have swapped from patch back to tablet Im having night sweats adrenaline surges anxiety just awful this has been going on for 4 years ok for a few months then back to square one.I feel so stupid with myself that I dont no whats happening to my own body theres no meno clinic near me so no help .

I cannot tolerate oestrogen only hrt
It seems to sort my night sweats but gives me horrible surges, the lower the oestrogen dose the better I am

Give it a go, you've nothing to lose but loads to potentially gain

Anjia

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2017, 08:54:00 PM »

Hi Abby ok lets give it a go lets hope we get some good results !!

abbyH

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2017, 09:04:02 PM »

ANja, I've taken my first tablet tonight!
Felt a bit woozy, but nothing too terrible

I think it's worth a shot?

I'll be right here with you! - and so will all the other lovely women here

Abby xx

Tempest

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2017, 09:39:26 AM »

Mer, if you're reading I'm just wondering how you're doing on the Premarin? Hope you're ok! Hugs! xxxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2017, 04:56:42 PM »

Hi all again,

BLOOD TEST TESULTS ON 50mcg PATCH - 280 pmol.

Well that's certainly higher than it was! I'm really surprised.
Just to remind you all I'd been halving a 100mcgs patch because I'd run out of 50's and my estrogen levels plummeted to 90pmols! At which point my endocrinologist told me off.

Now I've only been on the new patches for a couple of weeks so it might be that the estrodial is still peaking and won't settle for another couple of weeks? OR
When my thyroid is running a bit low I metabolism my patches much more slowly and end up with higher blood levels as I use them up more slowly?

Whatever it is I'm much happier to see that level.

My biggest concern is bone health. I don't really know what levels we need to preserve good bone health but I've always guessed around 300pmols? Plus I'm 52 so really relatively young..ish!!

HI RHINER - I'm quite surprised that your levels are only that high on 75 mcgs. Maybe you do absorb it well and metabolise it well? We are all soooo different!

Hi Joesmum

A while ago I did read a paper about bone health and absolute oestrogen levels  - I don't think they were anywhere near as high as 300 pmol/l - that is quite a high level of post-menopause - I don't think mine have ever been that high.

Also the extent to which oestrogen provides bone protection is dose dependent - so protection is increased the higher the dose of oestrogen up to a certain level. The tablet/patch doses that are licensed for protection against osteoporosis  are marked with an asterisk on this site under HRT preparations so for patches the dose is 50 mcg, and tablets of estradiol usually 1 mg. However of course women vary enormously in how much they absorb from the different HRT types so these doses I presume errs on the side of caution - so allowing for the lower end of absorption (ie how much oestrogen women get from patches pills or gel) - though I'm not sure exactly how it was arrived at (ie the doses that confer maximum protection)?

You cannot judge your overall oestrogen levels from odd blood tests here and there but probably an average over a period of time if you are concerned? If you have a history of osteoporosis I think you can ask to be referred for a DEXA scan - and these should be available on NHS I think.

It sounds to me like 50 mcg patch is fine for you?

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20