Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Polyps  (Read 1204 times)

Donna69

Polyps
« on: September 04, 2023, 06:50:48 PM »

Hi I was recently taken of sequi hrt and put on conti hrt Bijuve felt horrendous on it water retention,pmt etc on day 10 started really heavy bleeding so came off hrt but continued to bleed into week 7 now although it is a million times better just the odd spot now but I was sent for a scan which showed a small polyp booked for hysteroscopy now in 3 weeks to remove it ….I’m so anxious would love to hear from anyone who has been through something similar

purplebee

Re: Polyps
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 08:56:44 AM »

Hi Donna,
I had a huge polyp removed a few years ago. The Hysteroscopy was fine I hardly felt a thing. The operation itself was no problem at all. I was in and out very quickly. Please don't worry it's a standard procedure.

Cazikins

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 02:30:16 PM »

Hi I was recently taken of sequi hrt and put on conti hrt Bijuve felt horrendous on it water retention,pmt etc on day 10 started really heavy bleeding so came off hrt but continued to bleed into week 7 now although it is a million times better just the odd spot now but I was sent for a scan which showed a small polyp booked for hysteroscopy now in 3 weeks to remove it ….I’m so anxious would love to hear from anyone who has been through something similar

Hi & welcome Donna69,
I recently went back on HRT & was given Bijuve as well, after 23 days got very heavy bright red bleeding & at 66 it frightened the living daylights out of me. My GP suggested I needed more Progesterone so gave me 100mg to take along side - it did no good at all as I continued to bleed.

After 20 days I stopped all HRT. The bleeding stopped.

In under an hour I am due to have a scan because of PMB, which I expect will result in another hysteroscopy for me as well.

Try not to worry, I have had quite a few hysteroscopies over the years. Fibroids & cysts were removed. Everytime it was put down to the HRT. I suppose it's one of those things that I now have to consider if I ever want to give HRT another go .... which I probably wont.

Please let us know how you get on & welcome to the forum.

Cazikins x
 :cat48: :cat48: :cat48:

VioletAquarius

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 10:04:44 PM »

I've had a couple  of hysteroscopies before, each one I had polyps removed.

It was painful on and off for me, but bearable and I got through it. You get like a period pain feeling as well. And with a polyps removal your womb contracts after the procedure but stops not long after.They advise to take painkillers before the procedure and you will bleed for up to a week after.

It will be fine, the ladies are lovely who look after you, and I know I've made it sound bad, but I went through it a second time and I'd go through it again if I needed to, so it can't be that bad :) x

Iris711

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2023, 09:16:46 PM »

I had an hysteroscopy last Friday. Due to 8 months of bleeding. Had 3 polyps removed, also have a fibroid in the vaginal wall.  Felt nervous and anxious, with stomach cramps after, been bleeding since and tired. Glad had it done and its now over until the results come through. Good luck

Donna69

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2023, 07:07:29 PM »

Thank you ladies for your support makes me feel a lot better.In hospital next Tuesday for hysteroscopy and polyp removed very nervous but you have helped ease my anxiety.will let you know how I get on

Katherine

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2023, 07:32:00 PM »

I had a polyp removed from my cervix a few years ago. they twisted it off with forceps, no anaesthetic or anything. I didn’t feel it and only 1 small drop of blood. They sent it away to see if it was cancerous and it wasn’t. I asked to look and it was like a small red slug. Never had another since thankfully.

Lynne888

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2023, 07:55:31 PM »

How did you get on Donna?  Hope it went well.  I've had 3 polyps removed now over about 10 years.. last one was this time last year and I now have pink water blood again so I assume I've got another one, they seem to be recurring for me.  As usual with my health anxiety I always think it's worse than it is.. I'll ring my GP on Monday and start the whole rigmarole again! 

Cocobra

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2023, 09:33:18 AM »

Dear everyone,

my story if if can be helpful: have been on Evorel Sequi for almost 10 years and had heavy bleeding over the winter months past. Polyp and a thicker endometrium was spotted on an internal scan in May and the polyp was removed through general anaesthesia. As they removed it they also inserted a Mirena coil: this was last July. Still adapting to the coil (spotting here and there) but on the whole I'm happy so far: bleeding practically gone and was told the coil is good for maintaining a nice think endometrium. I believe - but don't quote me as I may recall wrongly! - that the thickness does promote growth of polyps. The bottom line is that it's important to get checked out and have them removed but also stay optimistic that it won't be a malign polyp (mine was not). I say that, having just lost my mum to a fierce endometrium cancer (and hereditary, too!). But I stay optimistic and hope to send some of those vibes around to you all!

Best wishes