Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hi another new member from (NZ)  (Read 2858 times)

Lesley Joy

Hi another new member from (NZ)
« on: January 20, 2017, 02:52:12 AM »

Hi,
 I'm from New Zealand where it is now Summer time. I turned 60 in Dec so am post menopausal. I've been a single parent since 1996 and have 2 lovely daughters 31 and 29, who live away from home and have their own lives

In March this year my lovely boyfriend of 4 years is moving in with me, I'm very excited but nervous too, mainly because of my health flares! I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Interstitial Cystitis and a few other goodies. Luckily my flares don't re-occur too often, but sometimes I get a new symptom. I have a lot of anxiety around my health (which is generally good) and find it hard to cope when this happens. I have a bad habit of jumping to the wrong conclusion and always thinking of the worse scenario. My big fear is the big C .

I am a relieving teacher, so work 2 or 3 days per week, which I love. I like to fast walk every day and try to eat healthy food and keep my weight down.

Am currently waiting to see my gynae next Tues for my yearly check up and to find out why I've had a couple of episodes of vaginal bleeding. Have put up a thread about it and have 2 helpful replies, thank you ladies  :)

Cheers, Lesley Joy

Menomale

Re: Hi another new member from (NZ)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 03:02:36 AM »

Hello Lesley Joy,

Welcome to the forum! I'm from Brazil, also Summer time here...  8)

From your brief description it seems you have a pretty good life! Hopefully your vaginal bleeding is just menopausal atrophy. I'm also very anxious about health issues (about everything really) and perimenopause has worsened this 10 X!
I hope you and your boyfriend have a really nice time living together!

XX

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 03:27:17 AM by Menomale »

Clare11

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 03:36:20 AM »

Hi Menomale,
Am i right to welcome you back or have I got my self confused. Well I think I am menopausal  ;D
x

Lesley Joy

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 04:08:46 AM »

Hi and thanks, great to meet up with another in the Southern Hemisphere. Hope you are having a hot Summer, things here haven't really heated up as yet, usually February and March are our hottest months. I live in Auckland which is in the North Island.

Am hoping it is nothing too serious as it's not reoccurred and my smears are up to date.

Lesley x

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 06:34:16 AM »

Hi , I live in the UK but my daughter lives in the South Island, right near the very bottom.

Lesley Joy

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 07:46:07 AM »

Hi MaryJane,

Whereabouts in the South Island does your daughter live? I've been to most cities in the South of the South, have you visited yet?

I came out from Suffolk England to NZ when I was 7. In 2014 I returned for a visit, first time in 50 years and met cousins I'd never met.

Lesley x

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 08:58:42 AM »

Hello Lesley Joy and welcome to the forum.

My husband visited NZ a few years ago on rugby tour and loved it.

A friend of mine who was post meno and over 60 had some unexplained bleeding and it was found to be due to the tissues thinning and weakening, a form of atrophy in effect. As I recall it resolved on it's own and there was no treatment. Hope this helps.

Wishing you well.

K.

Lesley Joy

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 09:10:44 AM »

Hi Kathleen, thanks for your welcome ...

Yes we are a real rugby mad nation here in NZ, glad your husband loved it here  :)

I've read a bit about tissues thinning, so hope that's what it is. It's quite worrying when you've been 9 years post period!!

Cheers, Lesley x

Menomale

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 03:56:24 PM »

Hi Menomale,
Am i right to welcome you back or have I got my self confused. Well I think I am menopausal  ;D
x

Thanks Clare11, your're right, and nope, not your menopause to blame this time, it was just my Asperger`s brain!  ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 04:19:53 PM »

:welcomemm: do ask for treatment for vaginal atrophy!!!! 

There is a thread about cystitis-type problems etc. - have you read it?  (can't remember the title, sorry )

Suzi Q from Oz has a very good thread about VA!  Don't know what medications are available 'down under' ....

Maryjane

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 05:45:28 PM »

She lives in Winton 😊 She got engaged last week on the " charmin " islands sorry spelling , one of the NZ islands.

We visited four years ago for a month.

Don't think I will  go again with all my vaginal problems, unless business class and we can't afford that. She comes home twice a year. 😊

Lesley Joy

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 07:31:19 PM »

Hi Maryjane,
It will be the Chatham Isles, 500 miles east of Christchurch, My daughters both live with their partners, one here in Auckland and the other in Whangarei which is up north.

Lesley x