Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mood swings after period  (Read 8379 times)

jorainbow

Re: Mood swings after period
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2017, 01:51:02 AM »

Yes CKLD but anxiety levels raised and can't sleep.  Had my ginger nuts though ☺

jorainbow

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2017, 09:20:05 AM »

Morning! Is there a hormone guru who could explain why after ovulating (two days of period pains and definitely mid cycle) I feel calmer and less foggy?

Hurdity

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2017, 04:49:15 PM »

Hi jorainbow - in a normal menstrual cycle this is defo weird!  After ovulation your oestrogen crashes briefly and then rises again (not so high as before ovulation) and then falls until after or during your period. After ovulation progesterone rises (comes from corpus luteum - ruptured egg sac)and reaches a peak at end of third week and then falls - until around the bleed, then stays low until after ovulation. Some women find that progesterone is calming - but usually the extreme version of this is fatigue, foggy head and depression. So most women would feel more maybe calmer, but more foggy after ovulation. oestrogen is not a fog inducing hormone - it makes us alert and bright :). Are you sure you are ovulating then? Are you taking HRT which could confound things?

Hurdity x

jorainbow

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2017, 05:20:09 PM »

I've always had mittleschmertz since I started my periods so can only assume as I'm day 16 it's ovulation. Not taking HRT. Last few days I've been very low and foggy headed with anxiety but that's cleared today. Very confusing!!!!!

jorainbow

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2017, 12:58:57 PM »

Once again I'm confused by my hormones 😣😣😣 mid cycle (or what it should be) awful moods and anxiety that slowly picked up. Weekend and beginning of the week mood wise felt like me! Boobs hurt and period pains so I knew I was due. Period arrived today and I've crashed again - teary and increased anxiety. I kniw it's been said before but it's so tiring not knowing what to expect of each day. This afternoon I should be creating seating plans for exama. Instead I'm making a super chart with a graph to track this journey including sleep food the lot!!!!

jorainbow

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2017, 03:08:13 PM »

Thanks Sparkle that made me smile! !!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]