Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Watery discharge and now pink bleed ...  (Read 7280 times)

shrimpette

Re: Watery discharge and now pink bleed ...
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 09:23:11 AM »

Thanks for the articles. Puzzled why I should develop this. As I have lichen sclerosis I use a lot of creams and emollients, so maybe I need to be extra careful with my regime? Thanks again.

Menomale

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 12:20:30 PM »

Hi again,

I didn't know a thing about lichen sclerosus but thanks to you (sorry!) I have read something and oh boy! another postmenopausal joy?!!

Have you ever used cortisone to treat it? Sometimes it can be one of the ingredients of creams, emolients. If so maybe your immune response has decreased (locally) and that could have opened the way for the Streptococcus to reproduce.

Anyway, as Taz2 pointed out, your partner has to be treated as well. I'm assuming that the swab test has detected Strep A and not B, is that right?

Another article (more recent) http://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(14)01611-7/fulltext

In the Discussion you can see that in absence of HRT and low oestrogen levels postmenopausal women are more susceptible to have recurrent Strep A infections, so MAYBE your lichen sclerosus is actually a complication from vaginal atrophy and if so you could use local oestrogens rather than other types of cream, emolients?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 12:33:41 PM by Menomale »

shrimpette

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 09:36:33 AM »

Thanks for those detailed articles! Menomale - unfortunately I have had LS since I was 37, so no conclusions to be drawn regarding menopause in my case. LS is not understood and I have small patches on my body now too. It is considered to be an autoimmune disease.

Menomale

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 11:57:06 AM »

Oh, I had no idea, sorry to hear that! Are you taking any sort/route of cortisone to control it?

I guess there's the possibility that both vaginal atrophy from menopause and LS could have a role here. But the antibiotics will do their job sooner or later (sometimes another course of a different antibiotic may be needed) and you will have to be more careful and pay more attention to any new symptoms down there...

Sending you good vibrations and hugs

xxx
Pages: 1 [2]