Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Watery discharge and now pink bleed ...  (Read 7287 times)

shrimpette

Watery discharge and now pink bleed ...
« on: January 08, 2017, 11:08:04 PM »

Hello, had terrible virus recently which co-incided itchy vagina and watery discharge for about a week and now find tonight this has turned to light pink, watery bleed. Last period at 48 and now 52. Eek....somewhat worried as I have lichen sclerosis too. One thing after another...

Any thoughts ladies.  :(

Taz2

Re: Watery discharge and now pink bleed ...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 11:32:57 PM »

Hi shrimpette. Sorry to hear that you have this worry. Are your smear tests up to date? I would be inclined to have a word with your GP as any bleeding - however slight - needs to be investigated if you have had at least a year without a period. It's probably something to do with the itch and the lichen sclerosis but better to be safe.

Taz x  :hug:

shrimpette

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 12:07:42 AM »

Thanks Taz, smears are up to date. Will check out with GP tomorrow. I've never had a bleed with LS but you never know. What about the watery discharge? Could be fibroids?  it felt like thrush at the beginning but discharge isn't odorous or foul smelling...Night ladies, xx

shrimpette

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 07:29:23 PM »

I went see GP and had a uterine swab and urine analysis. She thought I had a urinary infection but sample came back from lab ok. The vaginal swab however has come back with a step A infection. I have a period like sensation but no more spotting. Can a step A infection cause pelvic pain and spotting? Going back to GP next week for a pelvic exam. I've been given antibiotics for a week!

shrimpette

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 07:43:34 PM »

Sorry strepeccocous ... should I take antibiotics?

coldethyl

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 08:07:54 PM »

If you have a strep infection you need to take the antibiotics as directed. Infections can cause pelvic pain and bleeding and discharge so need clearing up.

Menomale

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 08:17:52 PM »

Absolutely! Take the antibiotics as prescribed.
I hope it all works well for you!

shrimpette

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 11:02:08 PM »

Thanks both, read another post about vaginal infection and the recommendation was not to take the AB as they interfere with the gut flora making you more susceptible to infections!  :(

Menomale

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 02:22:26 AM »

Hi again,

I don't know what thread you are referring to but this is NOT your case! Streptococcus A is a serious infection and needs to be treated ASAP. During and after your antibiotics course you can take probiotics to help keeping your gut flora. Be safe!

shrimpette

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 05:39:51 PM »

Thank you memomale, I am duly reassured this is the best course of action. I too was concerned about my gut flora. Can anyone recommend a good probiotic? I'm still going to the toilet lots despite the no urinary infection result!  :(

Menomale

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 06:07:27 PM »

Hey shimpette,

Are you going to the toilet because of urgency to pee or is it your bowels?

I'm afraid I can't recommend you any probiotics because I'm not in the UK... but make sure you have the ones that contain one of the best bacteria for restoring the gut flora such as L. rhamnosus GG, S. boulardii, B. lactis and S. thermophilus. You should be able to read these names on the bottle or package insert.

Sending you my best wishes!

countrybumpkin

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 09:01:05 PM »

You def need those antibiotics and make sure you take the full course even if the symptoms improve as strep a can be nasty.
As to probiotics, the best ones need to be kept in the fridge after opening. Or you can eat plenty of natural yoghurt ( no additives at all) as nat yog is good for gut flora.

shrimpette

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 09:18:37 PM »

Thanks for the advice on probiotics. Menomale, the need to urinate frequently is the problem, small amounts. I told my GP about this months ago and she said just meno but it has got worse.  :o

Menomale

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 09:31:36 PM »

I'd say that a Streptococcus A infection would be enough to cause you urinary urgency to say the least because of all the itching and discharge irritating the area. Here is a link to the abstract of an article addressing this

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21336834

Taz2

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 11:07:07 PM »

It's unusual apparently for a Strep A vaginal infection to occur in adult women but when it does then it seems that any sexual partners also have to be treated to prevent re-infection? Strep B is the one most likely to affect the vagina. I would definitely use the antibiotics.

http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/44/5/e43.full  Scroll down to "discussion" if you don't want to read all of it - it is rather lengthy!

Taz x
Pages: [1] 2