Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 1398 times)

KittyBee

Hello all
« on: November 15, 2016, 08:02:59 PM »

Hi, I'm Helen.

I was told after years of infertility that I would likely go through 'early menopause' and I am now 43 and haven't had a period for 3 months. I have been suffering with very poor concentration, anxiety, broken sleep and lots of aches and niggly pains, which I just put down to 'getting older'.

The anxiety got worse recently when I had a sort of panic attack and was off work. My GP did a load of blood tests among which were hormone tests and it turns out the tests show I am going through 'the change' (not sure why my GP didn't use the word menopause  :D). Anyway, I am hoping I will be able to get something to help with the terrible 'brain fog', sleepless nights and anxiety. I am also concerned about osteoporosis - I believe the NICE guidelines recommend HRT for women under 45 going through menopause so will see what my GP says at my next appointment.

Have read a few threads on here, off to read some more.  :)

Dancinggirl

Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 10:22:48 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM
You are right - HRT is probably the best treatment for you right now.  Youa re too young to be oestrogen deficient.

REad up everything on this site to get clued up and ask for HRT. Look under TREATMENTS at the top of this page to see your options.
I would suggest you ask for Femoston 1/10 sequential HRT as a first one to try, as the progesterone is kinder and brings fewer side effects, it therefore suits many women very well.  There are lots of options for HRt and it can be trial and error before you find one that is right fro you. We are here to support you  - keep posting.  DG x

KittyBee

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 06:06:12 AM »

Thanks, Dancinggirl, I will have a good read.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 02:41:18 PM »

Hi KittyBee

:welcomemm:

Hurdity x