Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: hello everyone  (Read 1173 times)

Carol lawrie

hello everyone
« on: November 15, 2016, 07:06:34 PM »

Hi.. Hope you are all having a good evening. Looking for some advice.
Had a hysterectomy 3 years ago, ovaries remain. Had hot flushes but these have subsided a bit however i go through periods of a few days of major anxiety and insecurity feelings. Would you recommend HRT or antidepressants? I've tried natural remedies which do help but worry that symptoms are becoming more intense at times..

Dancinggirl

Re: hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 10:18:38 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM
How old are you?  It sounds as though your ovaries are packing up. If you are under 50 then some oestrogen is probably essential.  If you are over 50 then some oestrogen will be very beneficial to protect your heart and bones for the long term.  You probably don't need progesterone as you have had a hyster and having oestrogen alone doesn't carry risks of breast cancer. 
Don't let them give you ADs as this isn't the right treatment for menopause symptoms like flushes etc.  Have the doctor do a test for oestrogen levels and ask for some oestrogen as either pills, patch or gel.
Read up all the info on this site to get clued up.  DG x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 12:23:36 AM »

Hi Carol

Although you have kept your ovaries there is evidence that the shock of hysterectomy causes ovaries to fail fairly quickly after the op. I agree with all that Dancinggirl has said. You will find lots of help and advice on this site.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 02:40:26 PM »

Hi Carol lawrie

:welcomemm: from me too!

Hurdity x

Carol lawrie

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 06:37:19 PM »

Thank you . I'm 49 in a month.. I'll ask about oestrogen, will also check out further info on the site. Hope you all have a good evening 🙂