Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Horrible cold/throat bug doing the rounds  (Read 14224 times)

ellie

Re: Horrible cold/throat bug doing the rounds
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2016, 10:42:58 PM »

My DH has it  ::) ......but of course its flu (not) ..... I am waiting to start with it , but so far so goood 👍🏼👍🏼

cubagirl

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2016, 10:49:12 PM »

When my hubby had it, he thrived on "I'm not well!" He wasn't dying, just had a cold. Now a month later, he's still harping on about it saying, " I was really ill!" Me unsympathetic?  ;D

ellie

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2016, 10:55:52 PM »

I find men revert back to little boys when then are ill, and we become like their mothers  ;D......mine has just asked for two paracetamol..........good grief he knows where they are  ;D........Mummy just gave him two and sent him to bed  ::)

littleminnie

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2016, 09:33:51 AM »

What a good mummy you are.  ;D

countrybumpkin

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2016, 10:57:57 AM »

Not a happy bunny today >:(   The cough is worsening and I am at that stage where I don't know if its going to turn into a secondary infection or if it is still viral and will clear eventually.  Its so painful in throat/top of chest to cough.

My poor husband who started with this 13 days ago is still coughing and blowing his nose although he feels much better in himself.   Evening/nights and first few hours in morning are the worst.  I was swigging cough medicine at 3am ::)

littleminnie

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 07:44:26 PM »

I am coughing that much that my ribs hurt.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2016, 08:57:29 PM »

The joys of not knowing if you need to hold your ribs or the top of your head when you cough >:(  and not having enough hands to do both!

My voice is a mixture of squeeky and croaky and talking makes me cough and choke as does looking up or bending head down, but then again everything is making me cough.  I am really dreading going to bed. My bunged up left sinuses are throbbing s well, joy of joys.

Littleminnie, does your throat really hurt when you cough, its like a razor blade with me. 

ellie

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2016, 09:04:25 PM »

Could be worse Countrybumkin, you could need to be crossing your legs as well! :o
  Joking apart , I hope all of you with the dreaded virus .....get well soon  :foryou:

countrybumpkin

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2016, 10:24:20 PM »

Could be worse Countrybumkin, you could need to be crossing your legs as well! :o
  Joking apart , I hope all of you with the dreaded virus .....get well soon  :foryou:

hahaha not thought of that. Have been there in the past when a cough has gone on for long time.

littleminnie

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2016, 09:04:36 AM »

Yes throats really hurts too. It feels raw.
Also alternating between hot & cold. The aching seems to be on it's way out.
So fed up with lemsip.  :sick02:

countrybumpkin

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2016, 01:29:52 PM »

Yes throats really hurts too. It feels raw.
Also alternating between hot & cold. The aching seems to be on it's way out.
So fed up with lemsip.  :sick02:

My husband has still got a wonky thermostat and he is 2 weeks on with this virus. His cough etc is better than mine but he is still not well.
I saw the GP today because I have got mild earache as well as throbbing sinusesm no voice and the cough ::) and wanted to make sure I didn't have either chest or ear infection for the weekend!  Dr was standing in for one of the partners who is off sick with same virus and the waiting room was full of people coughing!
He said its a very nasty virus and takes weeks to get over ( cheerful soul). My lungs are fine but ear and throat red but he thinks its all viral so no need for antibiotics at present.  HE said my voicebox would be red raw as well hence the sqeeky bit of voice I have.
He was interesting as he said whenever we get big changes in weather temp like we have been having past weeks then a really nasty virus appears without fail and he said its throughout the whole country.   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2016, 02:57:29 PM »

I had vicious acid reflux so taking medication was almost impossible  :-\ ………. I coughed myself inside out in May/June  :(.  That muscle below the ribs probably has a long name and can be soooo painful when stretched. 

countrybumpkin

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2016, 02:49:32 PM »

I am going back to Dr tomorrow. I have got alot worse over weekend. Slight temp and coughing up green stuff  :P plus bad sinus pain same side as earache and again the lovely green stuff. I also feel tight chested.
My husband who seemed to be recovering had got worse as well, he is now over 2 weeks since it started. He won't go to Dr until he is really bad but even he is contemplating it later this week if no improvement.
I dread going to bed because as soon as I lay down I am coughing so much I am almost sick and this is happening all night long. Sitting up does not help. I feel very spaced out no doubt due to the blocked sinuses.
I still have the croaky weird voice ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2016, 03:17:56 PM »

Green is a sign of infection which is being moved by natural expulsion, i.e. a hacking cough  >:(

I have a sore chest, in the area above both breasts - probably due either to coughing hard this week or lifting something heavy but can't remember that I have ……. touching the skin brings on sharp pain and I had difficulty sitting up in the bath once I'd decided to have a wash.  No internal pain.  No pain in the back …….

countrybumpkin

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2016, 07:58:09 PM »

Green is a sign of infection which is being moved by natural expulsion, i.e. a hacking cough  >:(

I have a sore chest, in the area above both breasts - probably due either to coughing hard this week or lifting something heavy but can't remember that I have ……. touching the skin brings on sharp pain and I had difficulty sitting up in the bath once I'd decided to have a wash.  No internal pain.  No pain in the back …….

I have found muscles I didn't know I had with this coughing!  My cough improves if I don't utter a word but its hard not to talk. I am not as bad this evening but have had a quiet day with little talking, temp back to normal for now.  I am really looking forward to going to bed tonight >:(

I have done very well to go over 3 years without a cold or cough but this one is making up for it ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5