Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bach's rescue remedy  (Read 8883 times)

Clare11

Bach's rescue remedy
« on: November 12, 2016, 11:44:35 AM »

Hello there, my sister in law has said I should try Bach's rescue remedy. She thinks it's brill with soothing her anxiety which she has and she is menopausal too. Any one else out there think it is good and it helps?
Thinking of getting some. ;)

breeze

Re: Bach's rescue remedy
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 02:37:28 PM »

Didn't really do anything for me. Sorry.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 04:55:54 PM »

There are several ways of using it - mouth spray, pastilles …… have a look in a well-known high-street chemist.  I have used the mouth spray for years either B4 or during stressful times.  I never think 'will this work?' but apply as necessary and get on with Life.  So far I have found it useful because I don't wonder 'will it won't it?'

cubagirl

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 05:00:47 PM »

I used the blackcurrant pastilles & found them more helpful than spray.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 05:35:15 PM »

Hi Clare11 - many users of Bachs Rescue Remedies will recommend them - a close friend of mine swears by them and frequently offered them to me at stressful times! However just now I had a quick look on the web, googling "Bachs Rescue Remedy studies" and this was the first one to come up:

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/bach-flower-remedies/

Any effect is likely to be placebo (which is a powerful effect)  - so I make no comment but decide for yourself. If you need a little psychological help like this to get you through certain situations, placebo or not - then why not as the drops themselves will do you no harm, it's very cheap, you use very little of it, and better than taking ADs unnecessarily.  ::)

Hurdity x

Clare11

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 05:43:55 PM »

Thank you, as I am not taking any medication at all at the mo, so may need a little gentle help. x

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 06:24:43 PM »

Nowt wrong with the 'placebo effect'!

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 07:09:01 PM »

Hello Clare11.

I have a bottle of Rescue Remedy and see that it is 27% grape alcohol so you notice something when you put drops on your tongue.  People say that drinking alcohol calms them so I guess the remedy is a mini version of that plus it is more acceptable than swiging from a hip flask, though I've done that too lol!

CLKD -  I'm sure you know that placebos are used in clinical trials specifically because they are inert substances.

Take care ladies.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 04:47:00 PM »

I don't look at the ingredients  ;) - it's never not worked for me!

flutterby

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 05:43:33 PM »

Hi Clare11 I have used Bach Rescue Remedy and also some of the individual flower remedies. I have often relied on it to take the edge of the anxiety I have also given it to friends when they have been upset. I do find it works and has worked for some of my friends. I wondered if it was just drinking the water slowly but putting drops on my tongue works as well. Flutterbyx

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 09:42:39 AM »

I find it helpful and it has worked well.  It is alcohol based so that might be why   :)

Scampi

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2016, 01:10:27 PM »

I've found it worked well for situations like exams, dentist visits, etc.  The ingredients are dissolved in alcohol, but seeing as you only use a few drops I seriously doubt you actually take in enough for it be the explanation of the results!