Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Desperate for advise Evorel sequi  (Read 4766 times)

Sharon76

Desperate for advise Evorel sequi
« on: November 11, 2016, 09:30:03 PM »

Hello everyone!  :)

I am 40 and have found out the reason I was feeling so awful was because I am going through the menopause. My doctor has started me on Evorel Sequi and I have been on the  Evorel 50 patches 2 weeks and I start 2 weeks of Evorel conti soon.
Already I have much more energy and feel much better in myself but I am very anxious about possibly gaining weight. I am over 2 stone overweight since quiting smoking 2 years ago.

I am now eating much better and going to gym class at least 3 times a week and have lost 6lb in the last 2 months.
Has anyone had weight gain with this patch?

Thank you in advance x

flutterby

Re: Desperate for advise Evorel sequi
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 10:02:54 PM »

Hi Sharon76 I was on Evorel Sequi for several years and never gained weight and felt really well like you do. Flutterbyx

Sharon76

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 10:26:20 PM »

Thanks Flutterby that is very reassuring to hear , fingers crossed I'm the same. I read stories of people gaining loads and it scared me as I find it very hard to get weight OFF!

Thanks again x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 08:42:52 AM »

Hi Sharon76

:welcomemm:

I was wondering what your periods had been doing in the time leading up to starting HRT and your cycle length ie what led your doctor to say the reason for your feeling awful was menopausal? I presume you had started missing periods as well as having symptoms and perhaps you have had blood tests? The reason I ask is that reaching menopause (ie if you have had your last period and gone 12 months without another) at your age counts as premature menopause and ideally you would be better off eventually with a higher dose of oestrogen as you are so young. If you are in very early peri-menopause then this dose would be ideal as it will be topping up your own oestrogen levels.

Very well done on the weight loss! You're doing the right thing by losing weight slowly and taking more exercise and this should be through permanent changes in your eating habits and lifestyle as I expect you know already! Weight gain is also very common around menopause as our metabolism slows down so we need to eat less and exercise more just to stay the same weight.

Re the HRT - so glad you are feeling better. Some women do find the progestogen part of HRT leads to temporary bloating - perhaps not weight gain as such. See how you feel after 3 months on this type and hopefully it will be all good - otherwise there are plenty of other types available. Also if you think a larger dose might help then separate patch and progesterone would be preferable so that you can adjust the oestrogen dose - although there are also slightly higher tablet HRT types too like Femoston (but some women don't absorb oestrogen from these as well as patches).

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x

Sharon76

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 06:48:05 PM »

Hi Hurdity 😊   for the last year I had felt crushing exhaustion, depressed and also my periods were very irregular. I only had one every 2 to 3 months. I mentioned my symptoms when having my last smear test and blood tests were done.
So I am in the peri menopause, I didnt really explain very well in my post as I am new to all this 😮 to be honest I was glad to know what was wrong with me but shocked at the same time lol

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I had heard about progestogen causing wright gain/ bloating so I am nervous to see how it goes. I have lost another 1lb this week 😄 which I'm delighted with but I will put my first evorel conti patch on in 2 days ....

Like you say I will give it a few months and see.  Your reply has helped thanks x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 07:50:41 PM »

Hi again Sharon76

Just to say there was nothing wrong with how you explained but it helps when giving advice to be absolutely specific so that's why several of us ask all these questions of new members!

Sounds like you are probably on the right dose so far but do be aware as you get further towards menopause (which you may not know because you have started HRT) that you may need a higher dose of oestrogen and therefore a different preparation would be more appropriate because Evorel sequi only comes in one dose - the 50 mcg.

Fingers crossed you get no bloating - but it is not permanent weight gain but may be cyclical like with periods? Keep up the weight loss - you're doing really well :)

Hurdity x

Sharon76

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 08:13:59 PM »

I'm hoping any bloating is just cyclical like you say 😊 and I will deff keep on with the gym and eating well.

I didn't know that hrt comes in different doses so thanks for that info,  as long as my energy stays up along with my mood I'm happy 😊

Thank you Hurdity x