Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Losing the plot!  (Read 6618 times)

linz57

Losing the plot!
« on: November 08, 2016, 12:07:35 PM »

When it comes to birthdays etc I've never been one for parties and a lot of fuss, I celebrated my 40th and 50th quietly with a few close family members.
However, for some reason I now feel the need to mark my 60th next year in a totally over the top fashion. I'm thinking of flying out to Benidorm and inviting anyone who wants to come along for a big celebration. It will all be tongue in cheek but I want the pink sequinned hat, the feather boa, the whole nine yards!
It's so unlike me ( although I am sociable and love a girls get together) and I'm wondering why now?
I met hubby in Benidorm back in 1981 at Christmastime and hadn't been back since until January of this year. We decided to go revisit and get some much needed sunshine. We were a bit apprehensive, especially as we had seen pictures of all the cheesy bars etc that have sprung up over the years
However, being out of season ( although still heaving with people) we absolutely loved it! We stayed away from the general hullabaloo and loved every minute of it.
So, has my mid life crisis been on the back burner and now it's coming up to boiling point? Hahahaha!
Ok, off to stock up on party streamers, awful accessories and dame Edna Everidge sunglasses ;D
Yes, I'm deffo losing the plot, help!!

bramble

Re: Losing the plot!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 12:37:43 PM »

Go for it!

Bramble

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 12:40:01 PM »

Who will be paying though  :-\ - I would suggest that your friends' present/s to you is paying for their flights there and back?

Lots of 'pink' in the charity shops!

linz57

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 01:37:55 PM »

Oh yes, the charity shops will be raided for sure. As for paying, I'd love to be able to pay for everyone but unless I win the lottery that wll not be possible sadly. I just hope the Euro doesn't keep falling though, it's making things more expensive on holidays as it is.

Yes bramble, we have to go for these things while we still can.. My motto is, ageing  is inevitable, growing old is optional. I shall slide into old age kicking and screaming haha
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 01:42:53 PM by linz57 »

winkle51

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 02:47:57 PM »

I once said to a friend of mine (whilst I was having an 'age' moment) " Don't you just hate getting old?" and she replied "Not really, the alternative is much worse!"

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 03:40:08 PM »

So make a list of people you really get on with ……… going away with 'friends' ain't always the same as meeting for a cuppa  ;)

Then go for it: photos.?

linz57

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 06:43:53 PM »

I once said to a friend of mine (whilst I was having an 'age' moment) " Don't you just hate getting old?" and she replied "Not really, the alternative is much worse!"

Love it winkle51😂

Oh it's ok, I get on great with the friends I'm thinking of taking along and have spent a few days with them in the past. Love them to bits.

cubagirl

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 11:14:05 PM »

Hey if that's what you want to do, go for it! See who amongst your nearest & dearest are up for it, though you have to tell them it's at their own expense. Then take it from there. You only live once!

linz57

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 07:19:54 PM »

Exactly! The financial side will be the tricky part but will have to see how folk are fixed for this. It's just a wild idea at the moment and gives me something fun to look forward to. It's so unlike anything I've done before so maybe that's what's appealing to me 😄

Shadyglade

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 05:44:52 PM »

Just tried to order a :takeaway with the TV remote instead of the phone.  ::)

Don't think I ever had the plot.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2019, 05:45:44 PM »

That's doing stupid things too  ;)