Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: advice please for newbie  (Read 1274 times)

Leona

advice please for newbie
« on: November 08, 2016, 11:34:36 AM »

Hi I'm late thirties and my periods have become more frequent going from 28 days to 24/25/26 the last few cycles.
I also have some brown spotting in the follicular phase. this happens a few days after my period ends up to ovulation.

doc did my bloods and hormones seem to be fine in range, this was at start of cycle. I'm waiting on an ultrasound.

any advice?

Dancinggirl

Re: advice please for newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:30:21 PM »

Leona - welcome to MM
I am no expert but some upheaval is our hormones at various stages through our reproductive life can occur. Some discharge at ovulation is also not unusual. 
It is not unusual for the ovaries to start to fail in our 30s - this happened to me - and if your oestrogen levels drop and your FHS level goes up then you will need some HRT to replace the oestrogen and protect your heart and bones for the long term. Having some tests and getting this scan may give some reassurance and if you do find the periods getting further apart, heavier or much lighter or you start to get flushes, then further blood tests to check your hormone levels might be advisable.
If premature menopause is in your family then it's worth mentioning this - the doctors will often say it isn't genetic but many of us know otherwise.
I wouldn't worry at this stage  - try to get on with life - just get clued up about what to expect, make sure you have a good diet and exercise regularly, keep your weight within the normal range and generally look after yourself.  Good luck Dg x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 03:36:19 PM »

Browse round.  Make notes.   :welcomemm:

Autumnlady

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 04:22:14 PM »

I'm not an expert either but I wouldn't worry too much about that Leona. My periods were always regular. I used to have a period every 21 days and often if would be two to three days early when I was your age. The only thing to be aware of is if you have heavy periods lasting a week or just over, which I did, it would be wise to have a check on your iron levels occasionally.  Other than that it is probably just fluctuating hormones as Dancinggirl said.  I didn't go through the menopause early either. Though we are all different and I remember worrying about mine when I was younger too. 

Hopefully the scan will put your mind at rest.