Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Asthma  (Read 19039 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Asthma
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2016, 01:21:33 PM »

I dread a nose bleed  :-\

How R U this morning?  Did U sleep?

Elizabethrose

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2016, 01:36:12 PM »

Hi Ju Ju,

Just caught up with this thread, I'm sorry all deteriorated so badly. However, you are in the right place, at least you know you are being cared for and on 'compulsory rest' which gives you a much better chance to repair. When we are at home, irrespective of the circumstance, we always do too much!

Rest up and make the most of being 'fussed' after.

I wish you better soon x

Ju Ju

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2016, 11:59:20 PM »

Have new room mate. Smoked like a chimney until forced to stop, now has asthma, copd and is obese very. In my vulnerable state, I'm being very judgemental. I have visions of smothering her as she is coughing constantly. It's torture I'm so tired and despataely need some sleep even a couple of hours would help. I've decided I'm going home tomorrow whatever. Sorry for the rant. I've been as calm as I could up to now but now lying here crying

Ju Ju

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2016, 01:25:33 AM »

Oh menomale thank you for being there! Feeling very lonely. I was lucky with the other lady. We have become friends. I am worried for her as she had cancer for 2 years before doctors took a biospy. Now 3 years on she had fluid on her lungs. Biopsys have been taken and of course drained. But my sister had this once she had secondary cancer.

My new room mate has stopped coughing and is now snoring very loudly! The doctors were considering discharge today Tuesday or tomorrow depending on blood work etc. I have felt better since midday and woul have slept if I was allowed to.

Ju Ju

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2016, 05:39:33 AM »

I asked and they had none. However I had aN MP3 story tape and ear plugs. I tried listening to the story and fell asleep. The voice though not masking the sound it distracted me. I've no idea what the story was about but who cares! I was so distressed, and found myself feeling my awful thoughts. Not kind ones at all. Half past 5 now and nursing staff are active, so I can cope. I shall persuade them to let me go if safe to do so. I don't feel scared now.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2016, 10:24:37 AM »

Oh blimey Ju Ju, what a night! If you have to stay in, can they not move you? Oh that's the trouble with hospitals, you're at the mercy of surrounding patients and heavy footed passers-by. I'm an exceptionally light sleeper so find it intolerable.

If you're up to it I hope you're able to escape! I wish you well x

Ju Ju

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2016, 10:38:53 AM »

Have asked DH plus batteries for the MP3 player. Feel less distressed now it's daytime. Had a shower, bloods taken, just waiting for the doctors to come round. Fingers crossed. Thank you for being there last night. The wonders of technology.

Just seen the doctors. They will be discussing whether I can go home. I think if I didn't feel I wanted to go home they would keep in from what was said. I suspect it's going to take a while to recover.

Looks like I'm ESCAPING!

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2016, 01:56:24 PM »

Hopefully you will be home within 24 hours.

Ju Ju

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2016, 04:32:26 PM »

I'm home! I could have stayed at least till tomorrow, but sleep seems more important. Unfortunately I have come back to piles of washing, dirty loos. At least he's washed the sheets and is currently making the bed.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2016, 04:34:08 PM »

Close your eyes, ignore it all. REST! x

CLKD

« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2016, 07:02:14 PM »

Dirty loos …….. how long were you away !  ::) !  - time for a lesson when you feel better!  It amazes me that men don't see the stains they leave behind  :kick:

Ju Ju

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2016, 08:37:21 PM »

DH has a lot on his plate complicated by visiting me, but it doesn't take that long to do these chores. I have to move around, so the washing is easy to do, but how was he going to provide me with pjs if I had stayed in longer? He was bringing old ones at the end, that I would rather not wear in public! I was very cross about the loos as I have have bowels issues and have to be careful. He said he would do them in a couple of days when his work was completed for this week. Yeh right it took 3 days of nagging after my hysterectomy.I had a melt down...well I can't wait 2 days to go to the loo! Said some horrid things, he remained calmed, cooled down and we agreed it was the prolonged lack of sleep and illness. I cleaned the loos and basins. I really can't cope with any other health issues. I've told him I'm going to be assertive and give him a job to do every day to keep things ticking over. No excuses, no doing another day, otherwise he'll hear my teacher voice! Watch this space! In his defence, he does look tired and I'm knackered. But we have made an agreement. Am I going to be a nagging wife.....he he!

CLKD

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2016, 08:45:17 PM »

My M in L cleaned the bathroom every day.  Maybe a new habit to cultivate ;-).

Ju Ju

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2016, 08:08:23 AM »

Just had a blissful nights sleep, though my chest feels very tight. New inhaler gives me palpitations. I'm wondering how I did what did when I got home yesterday. Adrenaline? I won't be doing anything today.

DH has to do some work today (financially rewarding as well as fulfilling) so has arranged for my fellow grandmother, who is lovely, to look after GS here instead of at my daughters. I'm looking forward to seeing them. I don't feel safe to be on my own yet.

I think recovery isn't going to be quick. I have to see a GP in a few days, which I'm glad about. I need to discuss if there is any way I can avoid all this happening again, e.g. Pneumonia vaccine. I was offered it years back, but can't remember why I didn't have it. It seems that I have become vulnerable as I am getting older. (3 asthma/infection illnesses in 4 years, 2 requiring hospitalisation.) Inbetween and before, I managed my asthma very well. A lot of friends didn't know I had asthma, because I looked after myself.

Had a lovely discussion with my other roommate about whether we were scared of dying. We both felt it wasn't dying that was scary, but we both have so much to live for and don't want to miss out! Anyway, I shall find some equilibrium about this. Now to get on with living.

CLKD

« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2016, 12:04:00 PM »

:tulips2:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6