Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Tibolone diary/experience  (Read 66727 times)

abbyH

Re: Tibolone diary/experience
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2017, 10:40:50 PM »

Yes I read that too (testosterone not recommended) .. I think it might suit me just fine.. Will give a 3-4 month trial a go and see how i get on

definitely the oestrogen only route is not working for me, so time to try something different.. I've read some good reports and this forum has been a godsend!

thank you ladies!

xx

Annie0710

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2017, 11:05:24 PM »

I'm the same, oestrogen only is icky for me, I might as well have nothing as the symptoms are horrible

I can't even explain this on Tibolone, it just makes me feel different in a good way x

Anjia

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2017, 04:26:02 PM »

I have just started my first pack and only took one pill I took it at ten at night and then had terrible stomach cramps that woke me up,the next morning I felt wretched dizzy and spaced out Im scared to carry on to be honest Im a childminder and cant afford to feel so yuck and that was the fist pill !!

Tempest

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2017, 04:36:32 PM »

Anjia, this is completely normal! Seriously!!! If you check into the 'main' Tibolone thread that was started by Suzanne1967 you'll see that this has happened to all of us. Give it a bit of a rethink, and maybe join us there? We'll support you! It may very well be very worth it for you in the long run. :) xxxx

Anjia

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2017, 04:55:27 PM »

I no Tempest but I really cant be feeling like that for weeks looking after small children Its such an awkward bloody predicament I have had some terrible flushes at night keeping me awake I really need to sort things just dont no how I can do it

warwick01

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2017, 05:30:32 PM »

Hi Anja,

Look at it this way..... yes you may feel rough the first few weeks but then feel wonderful ;) even other HRT prep you will have some side effects in the first few weeks. My stomach side effects only lasted a few days.

Some ladies on here have had very few side effects, that may be you.

Risk nothing.......gain nothing! just give it a few day weekend is close.

Wxx

Tempest

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2017, 05:49:51 PM »

Very wise words there from Warwick, Anjia!  ;) :) xxxxx

Anjia

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2017, 06:55:49 PM »

HI Warwick yes the weekend, I will try again I think what time of day do you take it x

warwick01

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2017, 07:10:40 PM »

Anjia,

I take mine at 11:00am but lots of other ladies say it's better for them to take around 7:00pm. Find what time suits you. It's all trial and error the first couple of weeks. It may be best to take your around 3 or 4 in the afternoon which will be just before children leave, just a thought.

Wxx

Blakeygray

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2017, 08:23:25 PM »

Ditto re Warwick's wise words,  I didn't have any side effects when I first started on Tibolone but also didn't notice any improvement until day 14.

I take mine in the morning about 7.30 and by the time I've parked up and walking into the office, I'm energised and ready for the day.

Please don't give up,  it does help but our hormones need time to adjust and settle down.

abbyH

« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2017, 02:40:56 PM »

Can anyone confirm hair loss not a problem on T?

I've read some contradicting reviews/statements that say it is NOT a good idea to take if you have already had hair loss. Mine has steadily thinned and dropped out since last year when i had the BSO - so it's obviously related to hormones. I do have new growth since being on v low patch dose (25)

am hoping that starting Tibolone won't make it anyworse

Any thinning? hair loss?

Or hair growth? thicker? (i'd love that to be a side effect for me!)

Thanks ladies!
Abby x

Tempest

« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2017, 02:44:23 PM »

Abby, I don't think anyone has reported hair loss on Tibolone here. It's weakly androgenic so shouldn't be a problem to you! Relaaaaaxxxx.......... :) ;) xxxxx

abbyH

« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2017, 03:26:50 PM »

:P

Ok.. still waiting for the Doc to ring!

Abby x

Annie0710

« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2017, 04:12:50 PM »

Hi Abby

As you know I'm a fellow sufferer

When I started testosterone gel I initially felt my hair was better condition but after a few weeks the shedding started again...was this the gels fault or was it going to happen anyway ? Bearing in mind it'd thinned rapidly WITHOUT testosterone

So, starting Tibolone was worrying for me regarding the hair (or lack of).  So far nothing bad to report (about 5/6 weeks in. It's more manageable and I condition it each wash which I never did before as it made it even more pathetic looking.  Personally I think it's a bit thicker but am also mindful that my body may not have adjusted yet to how it's going to allot the hormones and in what ratio

I wonder if the loss reported is because those ladies converted most of the Tibolone to testosterone and not balanced out the 3

Only time will tell I guess x

abbyH

« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2017, 04:55:41 PM »

Annie that's great news! and thanks for letting me know.. I'm waiting by the phone to see if the doctor is going to ring and prescribe it to me so I can get on with it!!!.. I hope so.. I've waited long enough and it sounds like it might be the missing link for me hormone wise...

Abby xx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14