Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Tibolone diary/experience  (Read 66711 times)

Sooze

Re: Tibolone diary/experience
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2017, 11:55:21 AM »

Another update as now on month 7.

I have had the odd anxiety blip day, and day where I feel a bit 'off'. No flushes of note though.

I am managing to exercise 3-4 times week, and really enjoying it.  Nothing major, exercise bike, light weights & stretching, around 45-50mins.  Weight loss is 5-7lbs (depending on the day) so far, and I am seeing a pretty good toning results - better than I've had for maybe 10yrs. 

Diet - Much more controlled, and healthy.  Yes I do have 2 squares of chocolate (good quality, dark) most evenings, but don't feel a need to have more than that, and my crisp consumption is almost zero now.  I now realise a fair bit of my snacking was comfort eating, because I was feeling so crap.

As a result of the diet tweaks & exercise I'm not getting the bloating I was getting before Tibolone. Still have long way to go with the tummy, but it's encouraging to see even a little progress.

Libido, doing very nice thank you  ;)

As I've said previously Tibolone isn't a cure all, and I think it's too much to expect every day to be amazing, but for me, it is continuing to be so good that it's not worth trying anything else (along with Vagifem & Ovestin).

Annie0710

« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2017, 02:02:50 PM »

Hi Sooze

I agree with you completely
I still need my vagifem but have been suffering terribly externally and wondered about ovestin but worried about it being oestrogen and oral sex so am trying YES oil based VM, early days but not so sore, sadly Sylk stopped working its magic

I did try to google ovestin and oral sex but didn't get much info but I guess if I used it hours away from being intimate it could work for me

Anjia

« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2017, 09:51:24 AM »

It has been five weeks for me and so many ups and downs.At the moment I have the most terrible joint pains in my legs and feet and waking up about five in the morning with awful nausea I am really trying to ignore any side affects but I really cant the joint pain is getting me down,I am thinking of stopping today but the only thing is I dont seem to have so much anxiety?Oh what to do.

warwick01

« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2017, 12:45:05 PM »

Hi Anjia,

Yep me too regarding the joint pain >:( mine is in both hips. Sometimes wakes me during the night and also some time I am like a 90 year old...... BUT like you anxiety has improved. Still have the spacey hangover feeling every morning.

It will be 3 month for me on Thursday

Wxx

Annie0710

« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2017, 12:56:31 PM »

I'm getting stiff aching joints but not every day. X

Kathleen

« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2017, 01:37:15 PM »

Hello ladies.

I've only been taking Tibolone for three weeks plus I stopped Evorel Conti abruptly at the end of December so I guess my hormones are all over the place however today my palpitations are very strong.
 My anxiety usually takes the form of internal shaking and quivering and this has increased as well.

Any words of wisdom ladies? Does this just sound like an early side effect of Tibolone or just hormonal adjustment that will settle.  Oh and of course I still flush often, that has never gone away no matter what HRT I've taken. So fed up!

Wishing you all well and I look forward to any responses ladies.

K.

warwick01

« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2017, 02:01:45 PM »

Hi Kathleen

The first few weeks (6) were horrendous for me. I have come a long way since the first few weeks. As I've said before it's such a roller coaster my early symptoms were:

Jelly legs
Internal shakes
strange sensations in my head
lightheaded

All these started to improbe at about week 8. Also I went straight onto Tibolone from being on Esrodol for 7 years without a break. Had a word with pharmacist who said the symptoms were more likely to be stopping esrodol as my body will have gone into shock.... :( Dr never said anything about that!

I am seeing more benefits but I still think my body needs more time to adapt.

Take Care Wxx

Anjia

« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2017, 02:11:52 PM »

Did you have joint aches at first Warwick I still have flushes at night ?

warwick01

« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2017, 02:19:19 PM »

Anjia

Joint pain has been off and on since week 2. Been bad this week esp yesterday. Feels better today.... so bloody up and down :(

Because the anxiety/agitation is better I don't want to stop. Also on other forums have read the joint pain and spacey head had suddenly stopped for other women. Fingers crossed xxxxx

Wx

Kathleen

« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2017, 03:00:21 PM »

Hello warwick.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

Odd that you should mention strange head sensations as earlier mine felt as if it would explode. Thankfully that particular surge has calmed down now but it was scary, I worried that I was going mad. 

The internal shakes have been a common symptom for me but I've rarely had muscle aches and pains so if that develops I will know to  blame the Tibolone lol. I will certainly keep you all updated.

Wishing you well.

K.

Sooze

« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2017, 08:58:39 PM »

OK another update just as a possible what not to do.  As things were going so well I thought I'd try moving the time I take Tibolone to earlier in the day, as it would be more convenient for me.  I moved from my usual 2.30-3.00pm slowly to 10am hoping to get down to 7am, by taking it maybe 15mins earlier each day. 

All I can say is this was horrible.  Started getting flushes first thing on waking, anxiety & sleeplessness increased and generally feeling 'not quite right'.  Have now moved back to 3pm and feel so much better, more relaxed, no anxiety and flushes gone again.  I can't believe the difference.  I would encourage anyone trying Tibolone to experiment with the time they are taking it, just in case they too have an 'optimal time' for best results.

It may not be the most convenient time for me but I'm sticking with it!

Annie0710

« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2017, 11:08:16 PM »

Wow that's incredible Sooze!

What week/month are you on now ?
I might try and dabble then with times.  Out of convenience I do bedtime (roughly midnight) and there's been about 5 odd occasions I've fell asleep and forgot to take one so just skipped that day x

Sooze

« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2017, 12:30:38 PM »

Annie0710,
I'm almost at the end of month 7.  I have dabbled with timing before, I started taking it when I got up (to see what side effects I got), and moved it later to see if it made any difference to how I felt.  I sort of setting into taking it mid afternoon, but my work schedule has changed, so earlier morning would now be more convenient. However if my body prefers the afternoon I'm sticking with it.

I've also tried later in the day (with evening meal) but I found I felt really restless when I went to bed and couldn't get settled/relax easily, so I didn't try any later than that.  My joints also feel much better when I get up when I take it mid afternoon.
HTH.

Annie0710

« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2017, 03:50:49 PM »

Are you sticking with Tibolone now for the foreseeable future ?

I feel better on this than any other hrt I've tried but aren't seeing improvement really with social anxiety so may fess up to the dr and try meds x

Sooze

« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2017, 07:20:02 PM »

Annie0710,
I can not envisage ever coming off Tibolone- for me it really has worked really well, taking everything into consideration.  I was at such a low before I started it. Horrible VA, plus really tired and quite depressed about the future.

I have history of flat emotions, suicidal thoughts and low libido on the combined pill in my late teens and only took it 3yrs, Femoston 1/10 made me feel almost similar.  I though all HRT would make me feel the same, but not Tibolone.

I haven't really taken any other hormones except for around 9m on the progesterone only pill which was ok emotionally but bleeding was all over the place.

Tibolone has given me back my 'sass', energy (don't fall asleep in the evening now), joints are better (not perfect just better) and libido is as good as in my early 20's!

Yes I have days when I feel a little 'off' but most days I actually feel quite happy and optimistic more of the time than not.

Whether my response has been enhanced by low hormone use through my reproductive years, no other medications to interact with and being post meno by around 2yrs before starting it I don't know.

All I can say is that I feel very lucky that it has worked.
HTH.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14