Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Gurgling and burning...  (Read 9078 times)

Urbanchick

Gurgling and burning...
« on: November 09, 2016, 08:59:16 PM »

I have posted on here recently about trapped wind feelings under left ribs.   Had it off and on for a couple of weeks but also every other day I am getting bad gurgling and burning wind through my lower intestines.   Am trying colpermin but it doesn't seem to be helping.   Yesterday I was busy working, standing up most of the day - despite a bad night of anxiety and gurgling, bloated tummy, I was fine.   Then this morning it came back and has been constant all day.   It feels like I have something moving through slowly - not pain but more like a weight! 

I know I am now obsessing about it, so prepared to accept that my health anxiety is making it worse.    I have had occasional experiences of this since a bad case of food poisoning years ago, but never for longer than a day or two.   Have no diarrhoea but could it be IBS?   Obviously mind is in overdrive...  Can wind be this bad?  And what can I do to allieviate?  Doctor gave me Lansoprazole when I just had the weird feeling under rib, but after 4 days I gave up due to headaches, and that was when this burning issue started.   Am thinking my gut flora has been affected as Lansoprazole kills stomach acid.

Any thoughts?

Urbanchick

Re: Gurgling and burning...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 10:28:25 PM »

I don't have any symptoms except the gurgling and cramping.   My sensible head says it's anxiety...  Yet again, another symptom to add to the list...

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 10:45:33 PM »

My tummy sounds like a laboratory sometimes with the bubbling/gurgling/high pitch squeaks etc

I get the trapped wind under left rib too, trapped wind can be very painful

I take windeze and it seems to help

X

breeze

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 01:17:29 PM »

A food diary is sometimes a good idea.  Then you can work out if any particular foods are causing your problem.  Also what you drink as fizzy drinks, even water, can cause problems.

Hope you are feeling better.

Urbanchick

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 02:28:18 PM »

I am thanks - I slept well [which always helps] then went for a run this morning.  I have kept myself busy since then and haven't even thought about it...

I am thinking it is anxiety based.   Will give hypnotherapy a go.

Bettyboo

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 10:14:42 AM »

HI Urbanchick

Just wondering how you're doing today? Is the gurgling any better?

As I posted elsewhere, I have very similar symptoms to you and at the moment really having a struggle to keep the HA at bay (accept- release-let go!). Something has definitely kicked it off this time as I was doing quite well and feeling good. Gurgling on the left, three trips to the loo with IBS-d this am, aching ribs, general out-of-sorts feeling, mild cramps that move from one side to the other, up and down, acid reflux, wind... what a wreck! I suppose it could be hormone fluctuations but I've decided to keep a food diary to see if I can work any patterns.

BB

Urbanchick

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 06:57:36 PM »

Just wrote a really long post Bettyboo, which got lost when my internet went down!

The upshot was that I am a lot better.   I am pretty sure my issues are anxiety related.  I panicked about a weird feeling under my left rib - just as I panic about every little physical niggle - and this caused the gurgling, etc. 

I am determined to deal with my HA and am trying hypnotherapy next wee.  Today I feel 'cured' and find it had to relate to the obsessive panic stricken posts I write when suffering, but I know that woman is lurking inside waiting to be brought out by any little symptom that lasts more than half a day. 

I am incredibly health conscious now and have taken up running - which helps enormously.

On a lighter note - I find symptoms easier to rationalise second time round as I am able to say, 'well it didn't kill me last time'.  So there will come a point when every part of my body has panicked me at some point, so I will be cured!

Good luck and thank you so much for your concern.

lianevalentine

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 07:51:00 AM »

I have the same symptoms with the burning and painful stomach and after many tests know that it is IBS due to hormones. The hospital put me on a low FODMAP diet and it has helped heaps.

Bettyboo

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 08:35:29 AM »

Good that you are feeling better Urbanchick. I'm still feeling 'out of sorts' and have bad rib pain, but have had costochondritis several times in past and so I know it is likely to be this, caused by too much sitting in front of screen, but still can't help worrying it is something worse. I've got to day 12 on C25K and need to force myself to run through this bad patch.

I'll be very interested to know if you think the hypnotherapy helps - I've been doing the night time self-hypnosis on YouTube and it certainly works to get be to sleep until the adrenaline surges wake me at 5am.

I've been looking at the low FODMAP diet Lianevalentine but as I am vegetarian/vegan it is more complicated. At the moment I am working on eliminating dairy as this seems to have an effect.

Keep on keeping on folks

BB

lianevalentine

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 05:46:00 PM »

Hi Sparkle, my symptoms were/are likened to a bad dose of food poisoning but with headaches, brain fog, confusion, depression,anxiety, palpitations, waking too early, fatigue and hot flashes. It started a year ago, after my periods had stopped for over 12 months. I lost 15kg really quickly so the doctors didn't think about menopause, as usually people put on weight. I ended up in hospital for a week and had every test and scan but everything came back normal. But I was still so sick and couldn't go to work. If it wasn't my own business I would have lost my job. In the end I realised it must be hormones causing all the strife. I started on HRT but it made the symptoms even worse. I've spent so much time just lying on the couch, freaking out! They tried be on anti depressants but it stripped all the sodium out of my body and nearly killed me! The doctor said that it was a very rare reaction and only ever happens to really old people...I'm 54! I tried herbs and other things but nothing helped. In the end I found a product called Amberen and it helped. I have to be on a double dose and stick to a Fodmap diet and its helping. I still wake early and have morning depression, brain fog  etc but the symptoms disappear about lunch time so I get half a normal day now!

lianevalentine

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 09:59:48 PM »

Thanks sparkle, the hot flushes are the least of my worries, They are just a slight annoyance,but all the other stuff....heck, no one told me this could happen and none of my friends or family have had this. Thank goodness for this site, knowing it's not just me is so helpful! Although better than I was, I'm still on the lookout for a complete end to it, hence joining this group! Don't want to live half a life forever!

ellie

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 08:53:38 AM »

Lianvalentine have you benn checked out for fybromyilgia?  Just wondering as you do have some of the symptoms..

Bettyboo

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 09:27:54 AM »

It's the 'sharing stories' that keeps me going sometimes.

Whenever a new symptom crops up or an old one comes back I know that I can always search or post on here and there will be someone else who has suffered with the same problem. What I find incredible is that there seem to be so  many suffering similar symptoms caused by hormonal fluctuations yet the Drs often don't seem to either mention this possibility or even have it on their radar...