Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Trapped wind - how long and how bad?  (Read 41554 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Trapped wind - how long and how bad?
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2016, 07:36:32 PM »

You have a supportive GP who would have referred you appropriately should it be necessary.  So maybe stop worrying about this wind which can be caused by stress  ;) ………

Gentle exercise swinging arms and maybe eat little and often to stop build up of wind pockets. 

Urbanchick

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2016, 07:49:12 PM »

Thanks - wise words as usual.   

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2016, 07:53:10 PM »

Put similar on your fridge door - "This Too Will Pass" ?

I lived with a phobia for years++ (from age 3) which over-took my Life 24/7  :'( so although written down I may appear dismissive of HA, in reality been there, done that ……..

Urbanchick

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2016, 08:41:11 AM »

Was really confident and anxiety free last night, 'these things will pass' I remembered.   But woke at 6 with stomach gurgling and after an hour of that I now have my persistent weird feeling back under left rib.   Can' decide if it is anxiety related as am aware that Ian doing my swallowing thing so might be trapping air.  Bugger - now desperately trying to damp down health anxiety....  Surely trapped wind can't last this long!

Urbanchick

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2016, 11:07:38 AM »

Thanks Sparkle.   I've never had anything like this before - always had an amazingly strong stomach, never got bugs or food poisoning.   That's why I worry.  But as anxiety has already upset my bladder and made me convinced for weeks that I had ovarian or bladder cancer... only for it to go - I must assume this is also anxiety driven.   Although I wasn't massively anxious when it started.  But am now aware of a lot of saliva and swallowing...

Listen to me...   I am obsessed!  I must get distracted and stop taking it so seriously.    THIS TOO WILL PASS!

Urbanchick

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2016, 11:24:17 AM »

Thanks Sparkle.    Am really trying to distract myself - unfortunately it involves online shopping!

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2016, 11:37:45 AM »

……….  ;D 4 clothes ?!?

When I get reflux or heartburn my mind immediately has it as a heart attack  ::) even though it's a repeat of the last time's symptoms, the time's B4, etc. etc. etc..

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2016, 11:46:01 AM »

Good idea ……….. in bright pink with purple lettering?

Urbanchick

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2016, 11:49:35 AM »

Have already found a fridge magnet!   :D

Megamind

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2016, 11:52:16 AM »

Thanks Sparkle.   I've never had anything like this before - always had an amazingly strong stomach, never got bugs or food poisoning.   That's why I worry.  But as anxiety has already upset my bladder and made me convinced for weeks that I had ovarian or bladder cancer... only for it to go - I must assume this is also anxiety driven.   Although I wasn't massively anxious when it started.  But am now aware of a lot of saliva and swallowing...

Listen to me...   I am obsessed!  I must get distracted and stop taking it so seriously.    THIS TOO WILL PASS!

I also used to have an amazingly strong stomach and never got bugs or food poisoning. I didn't realise a few years ago  that I was probably in peri menopause but  that's when my stomach problems first started. I thought I had a bout of food poisoning (without the sickness) and my stomach was bad for ages with trapped wind, diarroeah, bloating, gurling noises. I also lost a bit of weight but I think that was due to me having to eat really plain food as anything else seemed to set my stomach off again. This problem has come and gone a lot over the last few years and so now I put it down to peri as it is one of the symptoms.

http://www.34-menopause-symptoms.com/digestive-problems.htm

Remember, your GP didn't seem overly concerned, so try not to worry.

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2016, 04:53:51 PM »

How has today been?

A fridge magnet ……..  8)

Urbanchick

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2016, 06:31:11 PM »

Started badly but back to a background feeling - more like hunger at times.  But have spent a lovely hour cooking tea with my lovely son and watching uplifting stories on The One Show.   This too will pass.    I know it will.

As always, thanks everybody.    Am hoping not to have another sleepless night as am running in the morning!

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2016, 07:17:48 PM »

Is that running for a bus ?  ;) ? ………. exercise can get rid of wind ;-).

Oh the 1 Show was so uplifting - I couldn't quite get my head round who had whose heart  ;D

Urbanchick

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2016, 12:25:10 PM »

Does lansoprazole cause nausea and generally yukky feeling?   Am going off my food and feeling a bit feverish.    I don't think it is a kidney infection as all pain other than weird feeling under ribs has gone!    Have had several nights of awful hot flushes and adrenalin rushes aswell.   Bugger...   Am going back to full 1mg tablet of oestrogen after cutting them in half for six weeks! :-\

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2016, 12:27:03 PM »

It can cause various symptoms …….. I'll see if I can find my link [which are both for the other heartburn remedy, Dr James Le Fanu's comments are interesting]
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:29:28 PM by CLKD »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4