Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: How long till bleeding stops on non bleed hrt?  (Read 2562 times)

AnneM

How long till bleeding stops on non bleed hrt?
« on: November 14, 2016, 05:15:36 PM »

Hi,
I've been on hrt for about 18 months now, it was really just for the continuous hot flushes and night sweats. I'm 52 and for the last couple of years before starting hrt my periods had become very irregular, the longest without one was about 4 months. I started on tablets but they made me feel ill and bloated so my Dr put me on Evorel Sequi 50 patches which I was fine on for a year or so.  At my check up in Sept she decided to try me on the no bleed Evorel Conti and I've bled on and off ever since which is about 10 weeks now. I'm now on my 3rd full period, two and a half weeks since the last one and in-between I get brown coloured spotting or breakthrough bleeding. I'm lucky if I go 3 or 4 days with no discharge at all and I get bloated, irritable and my body feels most of the time like it's constantly preparing for another period. I know it takes time to settle down but how long do I give it before conceding defeat and head back to the Dr?! :-\

Dancinggirl

Re: How long till bleeding stops on non bleed hrt?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 06:46:31 PM »

I think you have gone onto a continuous HRT too soon.  You may well still be peri meno so producing some oestrogen yourself.  However it does take up to 6 months for bleeding to stop on a conti HRT regime. Perhaps go back to the sequi patches or if you want a no hassle non bleed HRT regime then the Mirena with separate oestrogen would be the easiest option. I had the Mirena for 4 years in post meno and it was the least hassle and fewer side effects - the bleeding stopped within about 6 weeks after fitting . DG x

AnneM

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 07:36:23 PM »

Thanks for your reply. Yes I think it's too soon as well and the Dr did say she'd put me straight back on the Sequi if this didn't work. I got the impression she was just giving it a try but I think I've had enough now!

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 11:02:13 PM »

Hi AnneM

:welcomemm:

As Dancinggirl said! Go back to cyclical HRT or Mirena with oestrogen! I use oestrogen patches with separate progesterone which also works but some find the progesterone too sedating. I take it on a long cycle but perhpas not appropariate if you are not yet at menopause. Let us know how you get on :)

Hurdity x