Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Introducing Myself  (Read 3970 times)

Autumnlady

Introducing Myself
« on: October 16, 2016, 04:30:14 PM »

Hi - I am a newbie to the forum. I am 57, married 40 years this year, have two children and two grandchildren. Now my young have flown the nest I have two furry babies -my dogs, a Goldendoodle and a German Shepherd.

Just when I think I have done with the menopause symptoms I am gifted with another - hence joining this forum. Hopefully I can give encouragement as well as take it lols. :)

Annie0710

Re: Introducing Myself
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 05:15:11 PM »

:welcomemm:

Autumnlady

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 09:10:16 PM »

Thank you ladies - glad I found this place! :)

Janice68

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 06:45:29 AM »

Hello from me  too Autumnlady
Jan x

Autumnlady

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 01:27:28 PM »

Hi Jan - lovely to meet you  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 03:55:29 PM »

Hi Autumnlady

:welcomemm:  from me too!

Is there anything we can help you with - that prompted you to join this forum? Do ask and we will try to help :)

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 05:10:06 PM »

We have a 'breed of dogs' thread too  :scottie:

Autumnlady

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 12:56:33 PM »

Hi Hurdity and CLKD  lovely to meet you and thank you for the welcomes.  I did join the forum due to aura migraines and acid reflux - which I have added to the Unusual meno symptoms list! And had some very helpful replies.

Ooh I will look for the dog thread. I have two poochies!

flutterby

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 01:36:00 PM »

Hi Autumnlady  :welcomemm:I assume you've had the reflux checked out, not an hiatus hernia or Helicobacter pylori. Flutterbyx
Sorry haven't got round to checking other threads

Autumnlady

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 01:47:24 PM »

Hi Flutterby - thank you - yes, I have a hiatus hernia.  Lovely name there you have! :)

flutterby

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 04:07:37 PM »

Thanks. I think it is very apt for my state of mind for the moment, difficult to settle on one thing.
Are you taking any medication for the hiatus hernia? I was given omeprazole 20mg and although it kept saying review on a particular date it kept being moved forward. I had so many other things to ask the GP that it wasn't until I had been on it for about 16 months that I managed to ask. My GP said I shouldn't be taking it every day only when I had the symptoms as its not for long term use (although a lot of people seem to take it for years). I am taking it after the symptoms start and not pre-emptively now seems to be ok at the moment. Flutterbyx

Autumnlady

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 05:49:18 PM »

I have been taking the omeprazole since 2005! It keeps saying on my prescription to review and the docs keep giving it to me. I am worried about it but I know people who have been on it longer than I have. It is not working too good for me at the moment.

Autumnlady

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 06:52:41 PM »

That is brilliant for you Menomale and I am pleased for you. There is no sign of let up for me lols. And I have been in meno 4 years. I do think it's hormonal but looks like mine have settled the wrong way! If only doctors had better advice and treatment instead of just dishing out those pills that are difficult to come off. You'd think in this day and age they would have something better for us.

flutterby

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2016, 07:39:58 PM »

An operation to repair a hiatus hernia is never suggested is it too risky, poor outcome or cheaper to keep people medicated? Flutterbyx

Autumnlady

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2016, 10:01:32 PM »

I've never been on HRT Menomale.  The doctors never explain anything about conditions nowadays. They don't have time to look into it or advise. I feel we have to do all our own research and it's not always easy, plus it scares us stiff much of the time. Your poor mum must have lost out such a lot. My favourite thing is going out for a nice meal with family or friends and we are supposed to be going out tomorrow night. I hope I feel better than this or heaven knows how I'll go on. So looking forward to it as well.

Sparkle I am wondering if we can get our doctors to refer us to a special dietician? Maybe that will help.