Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Is it Thrush....BV or something else?  (Read 17731 times)

Hurdity

Re: Is it Thrush....BV or something else?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 07:19:11 AM »

Vagifem is Estradiol so different estrogen but they do the same job...Huridity can correct me if I am wrong :)
kateJo.... Is there a line on the applicator? I know there is on the Ovestin one, if so fill it to there.

Yes absolutely! They are designed to do the same job at the same dose (approx!).

katejo - re the expiry date for HRT patches and creams etc - there is really no need to worry unduly about this - I mean it's not going to be OK one day and off the next just as in food. I am still using utrogestan (progesterone) that is almost 2 years past its expiry date and it still works fine! Hope the discomfort starts to ease soon...

Hurdity x

Maryjane

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 07:31:03 AM »

Hurdity.....I thought estriol was much weaker than Ovestin ? as told by gynae.

Roughly 10 xs weaker ?

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 07:57:56 AM »

Yes that's right but the amount used is 10x less of Ovestin so I understand. I did read this somewhere. I haven't used Ovestin but apparently the applicator is very small - gives only 0.5 g of cream! The Gnest applicators are huge and give much larger dose of cream. I said same dose not same amount! Sorry in a hurry must dash!

Hurdity x

dahliagirl

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2016, 09:48:14 AM »

I had this problem - the last time I had vaginal antibiotic cream, but the swab came back clear, so was told to use the vagifem.

It is hard to see how it works, but it really does, and I have not had a problem since.

Use it every night for two weeks.  This is important - I got that bit wrong too  ::)

Thereafter, use it twice a week (some health authorities say use alternate nights for a further 2 weeks, which is what I did eventually).

I use it every 3 days - I have never got away with less.

Katejo

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 10:02:52 AM »

I had this problem - the last time I had vaginal antibiotic cream, but the swab came back clear, so was told to use the vagifem.

It is hard to see how it works, but it really does, and I have not had a problem since.

Use it every night for two weeks.  This is important - I got that bit wrong too  ::)

Thereafter, use it twice a week (some health authorities say use alternate nights for a further 2 weeks, which is what I did eventually).

I use it every 3 days - I have never got away with less.
So you use it every 3 days on a continuous basis (not just for a further 2 weeks)?  It does appear to have done some good. I have been using Estriol cream nightly for 4-5 nights now and the discomfort has faded/improved but not quite gone completely.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 02:25:19 PM »

Every 3rd night.  Continually.  For ever otherwise symptoms do return!

Symptoms may take a while to ease but should lessen sooner rather than later, if it's annoying then do 3 continual nights then a break of 2 ………

Katejo

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 03:18:07 PM »

Every 3rd night.  Continually.  For ever otherwise symptoms do return!

Symptoms may take a while to ease but should lessen sooner rather than later, if it's annoying then do 3 continual nights then a break of 2 ………
It isn't that it is annoying. Just that I need to know when I have to ask the GP to give me a repeat prescription. 

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2016, 03:22:46 PM »

It should be on repeat without your asking  ::)

Katejo

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2016, 04:43:48 PM »

It should be on repeat without your asking  ::)

I will still have to ask for this to be set up. I was given the prescription a year ago to try out. I have enough for the moment until i see a GP again at the end of this week or the following week.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2016, 07:04:32 PM »

Crikey, I hope that you have enough  :o …….

Katejo

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2016, 11:39:04 AM »

Crikey, I hope that you have enough  :o …….
I have enough until my next appt.

Suzi Q

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2016, 12:53:01 PM »

Hi there...I've been scrolling through the Internet including MM for days now and I'm still at a loss.....So wondered if anyone could help?

Over the August bank holiday I tested positive for a UTI....have no clue what caused this one....normally having sex but that's a distant memory... and was given a 7 day course of Trimethoprim...... Sample showed I still had the infection so I was given a 5 day course of Nitrofurantoin....next sample was clear of infection . I then got a bout of thrush so the Dr prescribed Canestan duo...pessary and cream...this cleared up the symptoms but they returned so I bought another Canestan duo....This eased the symptoms but hasn't cured the problem...... I'm only sore on the outside of the vagina, feels more like burning....no discharge or odour with this or first the bout of Thrush.
I'm also suffering with a dull lower stomach ache....well more discomfort than pain.
Applying the Thrush cream does sometimes ease the soreness sometimes  but it doesn't shift it all together...Tummy discomfort stays... Always wear a skirt at home....sometimes no underwear.

For the last week I have been taking Acidophilus....a Lactobacillus friendly capsule daily and an Actimel drink to try and redress any inbalance caused from taking Antibiotics....

I'm also prescribed Vagifem which at the moment I'm not using as I'm not sure if its ok to do so.....if I'm honest I don't take this as frequently as I should as even inserting this can cause me to be sore as I'm so dry down there.

As my samples are clear and the Thrush cream isn't shifting the soreness completely I'm beginning to wonder if I'm suffering from something completely different..maybe Tummy and Vagina pains are connected..... maybe not....Maybe some other kind of problem . I have in the past had this soreness....although not Thrush.... and the wishy washy tummy feeling....had a scan last year... ovaries rather shrivelled....so I'm told.

Really just wondering if anyone has any advise they can offer or any other products I can try that may stop the discomfort.

Just to add I'm 53 and not sexually active due to incredible vaginal dryness normally which normally causes the  UTIs.

You use vagifem every night its not used like a panadol but like the pill was
With every passind day you use it the dryness will be replaced by wet moisture
In a week or 2 it will slide in like butter. ATROPHY IS DRYNESS THATS THE FIRST SIGN
PLEASE USE YOUR VAGIFEM ASAP YOUR SYMPTOMS WERE EXACTLY 100% LIKE MINE THRUSH THRUSH THRUSH PILL AFTER PILL DIFFERENT INES ONE LOT I TOOK FOR 3 MONTHS . YOUR SYMPTOMS ARE VAGINAL ATROPHY  XXXX GET HELP ASAP

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2016, 01:02:52 PM »

:thankyou:  Suzi Q!

Suzi Q

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2016, 02:21:47 PM »

Clkd bunny hunch xxxxx  :-* :-* :-*

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 03:36:37 PM »

:)

I had itching high up yesterday  >:( and thought "Oh! No!" but it's OK today.  No rhyme nor reason  ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5