Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Is it Thrush....BV or something else?  (Read 17733 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is it Thrush....BV or something else?
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2016, 06:14:28 PM »

The lady who started the thread seems to have disappeared  :-\

Katejo

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2016, 05:34:49 PM »

Let us know how you get on?

I saw the GP today and did get a further prescription for more Estriol but only with a warning of cancer risks. She would have preferred me to just use a non hormonal jelly. I thought the cancer risk was reduced with a local application/hormone?

CLKD

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2016, 08:08:13 PM »

Change your GP?  or refer her to MM Forum!  She's using old excuses to cut costs probably  >:(

Give the Surgery a ring and ask for copies of the 'cancer risks' that this particular GP feeds you, i.e. Calls for Papers, Abstracts, Peer Reviewed Research …….

Katejo

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2016, 05:56:50 PM »

Change your GP?  or refer her to MM Forum!  She's using old excuses to cut costs probably  >:(

Give the Surgery a ring and ask for copies of the 'cancer risks' that this particular GP feeds you, i.e. Calls for Papers, Abstracts, Peer Reviewed Research …….

She's not my actual allocated GP. I have seen her recently partly because I generally prefer her to a couple of the others and partly because she is best of the doctors who do the appointments booked online. My allocated GP never does these. I rarely see her. I much prefer booking online as it is much easier to get a convenient date/time. i don't like booking via the receptionists.
She took me by surprise and  i didn't have any facts on hand to present to her.

CLKD

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2016, 06:03:50 PM »

Did she tell you that she 'prefers' a non-hormonal jelly  :-\.  It isn't what she 'prefers' but what is best for her patients.   :sigh:

What's the problem with booking through the receptionists?  Here it can take ages to get through in the morning on the phone  ::) which is why, dinosaur that I am, resisted going on-line to book appts.  At least it means I can book well ahead and as long as I can find my password ………..

Also, make an appt. B4 your medication runs out. 

Katejo

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2016, 06:20:50 PM »

Did she tell you that she 'prefers' a non-hormonal jelly  :-\.  It isn't what she 'prefers' but what is best for her patients.   :sigh:

What's the problem with booking through the receptionists?  Here it can take ages to get through in the morning on the phone  ::) which is why, dinosaur that I am, resisted going on-line to book appts.  At least it means I can book well ahead and as long as I can find my password ………..

Also, make an appt. B4 your medication runs out.

Yes she does prefer non hormonal jelly. I have bought some of that and it may do some good.

Because the time to ring in the morning if there is any urgency is only between 8am and 9am. This is the time when I am travelling to work and am on the tube so no phone calls possible. Also the receptionist has more control over the time/day offered to you. It is often very inconvenient for anyone who works in Central London. The practice online booking used to be a waste of time and effort but it has much improved lately. There are usually about 5 possible appointments over the next 5-10 days.

Yes I did get an appointment before the Estriol ran out.

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2016, 06:22:52 PM »

Sounds pretty like all over the UK then  :bang:.  At least I am able to walk the few moments and sit in the waiting room until seen if really necessary - as I did when panic attacks over-took me a few years ago.  They could see how ill I was feeling.

Let us know how you get on!  A GP shouldn't tell a patent what he/she prefers to prescribe ………. >goes away muttering<

Katejo

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2016, 06:42:03 PM »

Sounds pretty like all over the UK then  :bang:.  At least I am able to walk the few moments and sit in the waiting room until seen if really necessary - as I did when panic attacks over-took me a few years ago.  They could see how ill I was feeling.

Let us know how you get on!  A GP shouldn't tell a patent what he/she prefers to prescribe ………. >goes away muttering<

On occasions when i need an urgent appointment I do walk there rather than try to phone. However they sometimes seem determined not to give any real advantage to those in the queue. Despite my need to travel to work, I get told to go home and come back in about 2 hours.
However, now that the online booking has so much improved, I am less likely to try for the same day. It used to be so difficult to get any advance appointments at all so same day was the only option.

CLKD

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2016, 06:44:14 PM »

Our Surgery now opens at 7.30 two mornings a week for those who are in work, they also have 1 late night Surgery a week - for employed people.

Katejo

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2016, 09:46:40 PM »

Our Surgery now opens at 7.30 two mornings a week for those who are in work, they also have 1 late night Surgery a week - for employed people.
Mine doesn't have any appointments earlier than about 8.45. There are some evening ones but I haven't been offered them.

CLKD

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2016, 09:23:41 PM »

How are symptoms 2-day and where did the original poster go  :-\  ???

Katejo

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2016, 09:53:18 PM »

[/quo4te] No symptoms now. No idea about original poster.

CLKD

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2016, 09:58:10 PM »

That's good - hopefully symptoms will remain gone!

misskh

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2016, 10:02:12 PM »

I'm here....I've been so busy of late and was always going to "log in later".... Only later seemed to flash past.

CLKD...your message booted me back into gear.....but for reasons unknown to me I'm not allowed to send PMs! So can't messagd back.
Must make a point of checking the forum daily as the info on here is a god send.

I'm still using the Vagifem twice weekly....but haven't had full blown passion as of yet....I really fear UTIs coming back, silly as who knows it may not be a regular occurrence if I keep taking Vagifem but the thought makes me clamb (sp) up  :( Things may be improving as I can actually insert the tube now without things feeling too dry as even this was a problem before.

I would like to stick to using it on 2 set days as I lose track and thats when it all goes Pete Tong and I totally forget. I still feel a fizzing, for want of a better word, when I insert a tablet is this normal?

dahliagirl

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2016, 10:45:22 AM »

Good to hear you are getting on ok.

I am not sure about fizzing; but I came to vagifem via the route of constant vaginal 'infections'.  So if I am not feeling wet and swollen (to be contrary) then I know the vagifem is working.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5