Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Is it Thrush....BV or something else?  (Read 17647 times)

Sweetscarlett

Re: Is it Thrush....BV or something else?
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2016, 06:53:14 PM »

CLKD, I know what you mean ,I still get iffy days here and there ,it frightens you
Glad it's ok now
💙💙💙Ss X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2016, 06:53:58 PM »

Thanks.  I hate having an itch that I can't reach  ::)

Katejo

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2016, 04:21:59 PM »

Every 3rd night.  Continually.  For ever otherwise symptoms do return!

Symptoms may take a while to ease but should lessen sooner rather than later, if it's annoying then do 3 continual nights then a break of 2 ………

I am now baffled. Last Friday I decided to start the Estriol because the AB seemed not to be working (already day 4 of 5 and no improvement). I got an 'apparent' almost immediate improvement and so thought that I was benefitting from the cream. Then during last  night UTI like symptoms came back. I don't yet have the result of the urine test done on tuesday (when I felt ok). If the cause is VA rather than UTI, is it normal for the symptoms to come and go? I have been applying it every night before bed.

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2016, 04:32:06 PM »

Yep.  This is why it is important to continue with the medication.  If ABs haven't helped after that time then it's most likely vaginal atrophy.

Sometimes in the 24 hours after I used Ovestin I would get symptoms which would then ease.

Katejo

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2016, 06:12:28 PM »

Yep.  This is why it is important to continue with the medication.  If ABs haven't helped after that time then it's most likely vaginal atrophy.

Sometimes in the 24 hours after I used Ovestin I would get symptoms which would then ease.

Yes but after being symptom free for 3-4 days, it came back. That made me wonder whether i had needed the AB after all but it hadn't completed the job.  You mean that you take Ovestin in the evening and then may have symptoms during the following day until you take it again?  I  will  hopefully get my test result tomorrow morning.

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2016, 09:38:05 PM »

Ovestin1gm is inserted into the vagina, not 'taken'.  The initial load is for 2 weeks then every 3rd and 4/5th night.  When I had the problem initially, after the 3rd or 4/5th night of use, I would have low belly heaviness the next day.  I would think "It's back, the product isn't working"  ::) but now I don't get those symptoms.

Does 'Estriol' stay inside all the while?

Katejo

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2016, 02:37:37 AM »

Ovestin1gm is inserted into the vagina, not 'taken'.  The initial load is for 2 weeks then every 3rd and 4/5th night.  When I had the problem initially, after the 3rd or 4/5th night of use, I would have low belly heaviness the next day.  I would think "It's back, the product isn't working"  ::) but now I don't get those symptoms.

Does 'Estriol' stay inside all the while?
yes my word taken was just a loose term for use. I suspect the cream doesn't stay inside long. However why would the symptoms  disappear completely for 3 to 4 days and then return. It feels like a uti. It's more than just heaviness.

dahliagirl

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2016, 09:50:52 AM »

It takes time for the tissues to respond, hence the 2 week loading.  Once your tissues are ok, then it is much more stable and you learn the early signs of when it isn't working and you need a bit more.  You might find that the 2x weekly is not quite good enough.  I use mine (vagifem) every 3rd day but went though a phase of not managing so using it every other day (prescription said 1 or 2 twice a week, so was happy that was within what I was told)  As time goes on, it gets more stable.

I expect you may have uti-like problems until it settles.  I know I did with thrush, which is why I had to get tablets and the Actigel a couple of times.

To start with, it can be a bit up and down.

Not sure I am making any sense here  ::)

dahliagirl

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2016, 09:53:05 AM »

Come to think about it - I got into a muddle with my first packet, the doctor I saw after that said that that it was just a tiny amount of oestrogen, so to reload again, and get it to feel right.

Katejo

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2016, 05:24:05 PM »

Come to think about it - I got into a muddle with my first packet, the doctor I saw after that said that that it was just a tiny amount of oestrogen, so to reload again, and get it to feel right.
Finally got urine test result today and do still have bacteria so have been given a different AB. Will continue with Estriol cream as well. Have GP appt next week.  Am also trying  D Mannose .

Am holding back from taking the AB because the symptoms have mostly cleared up. Perhaps the D Mannose is having some effect.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 04:51:24 PM by Katejo »

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2016, 05:05:33 PM »

Did the result show which Anti-biotic should be prescribed?  It really can be Trial and Error until we find a regime which suits as each vagina is different  ;)

Katejo

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2016, 07:41:20 PM »

Did the result show which Anti-biotic should be prescribed?  It really can be Trial and Error until we find a regime which suits as each vagina is different  ;)
  I can only say that the GP prescribed me an AB based on my result. I only spoke to her on the phone.

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2016, 03:44:09 PM »

How R U today?

Katejo

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2016, 05:08:09 PM »

How R U today?
[/quocte] Am fine today so still holding off AB. Used Estriol last night and took D Mannose too. Will discuss with GP on Wednesday.

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2016, 06:13:56 PM »

Let us know how you get on?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5