Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: weird sensation in corner of eye  (Read 18308 times)

countrybumpkin

weird sensation in corner of eye
« on: September 12, 2016, 06:40:09 PM »

I am prone to twitching, have been all my life especially my face but really anywhere.

About a month ago I had had upper eyelid twitch for over 6 weeks before it went away but then 10 days ago I got a weird sensation in the inner corner of same eye. Feels like an intense tingle and a feeling as if something is moving around but nothing to see when looking at it like you normally can with a twitch.
I know my eye is fine as I had a check up with consultant opthamologist for other unrelated eye stuff and all is fine so its def a sensation thing.  I am also getting occasional feelings of intense twitching around my mouth but only about once a day whereas my eye is most of the time although I had two days free of it.

Just wondered if anyone else gets the twitches or has had what is probably a none visible twitch?

Elizabethrose

Re: weird sensation in corner of eye
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 06:53:30 PM »

Hi countrybumpkin,

Haha, the list is endless isn't it! Oh yes, I get a twitch, always in the same place on the upper lid of my left eye. It only seems to appear when I'm really tired and the first time it appeared was the day before my wedding! Haha, given that it is really noticeable and pulls my eye obviously, I was freaking out that my wedding photos were going to display this mad twitchy woman!

The only other time I had twitches were as a side effect of Topomax which had been prescribed as a migraine prophylactic. Those were down the entire left hand side of my face. Weirdly the left side is also where I get my tingling with migraine aura.

The weird sensation you're getting may just be a slight twitch, so slight that you can feel it but not see it. x

Elizabethrose

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 07:39:27 PM »

Haha ;D Sparkle, you crack me up!

Benign muscular fasciculation is the proper term although I think bloody annoying twitches is better.

Thank goodness for this site, there's always a dozen other women or more who suffer the same symptoms. My husband is welcome to his classic car anorak forum - how positively dull for them!

countrybumpkin

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 09:11:55 PM »

Thank you so much ladies you have made me smile - I love the alternative name for the twitching!
It's not painful just xxx annoying as it feels as if something is rootling around in the corner of my eye for a few seconds, sometimes its more of a tingle.
IF I could actually see a twitch it would not bother me as much.  My lips do the no visual twitch but feels like they are vibrating ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 10:04:41 PM »

It happened a lot as a teen when I was tired.  Hormones ?

My eyes are dry and itch a lot.  Occasionally I get the feeling of grit in the corners of my eye, the side towards my ears not my nose (if that makes sense).  I have to remember not to rub or they get really sore  :-\

countrybumpkin

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 06:43:53 PM »

Well I will be baffling the GP tomorrow with it  ;D   My husband has an appt tomorrow for scan results and they are not back so they will let me have it instead.
We are away for long weekend ( no not a holiday sadly) so will feel happier if Dr looks blank and can find nothing to see - the skin under inner corner of eye is a little tender as well.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 09:31:21 PM »

I never got to GP as she was off sick and it isn't an emergency.  I have had days at a time with no odd sensations or just for a short time in the day.
I still think its a sensation rather than a "thing".

countrybumpkin

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 10:40:10 AM »

If it does not go away in next week or so then I will go.  I am also starting to use drops for dry eyes as the opthalmic surgeon I had my check up with said I needed to use them so have just started them ( this is after this sensation started so not connected). '
I really am sure its a twitching eye without a visible twitch and if so it will get better and eventually go away completely.

cubagirl

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 03:14:36 PM »

My, I'd forgotten how funny us lot are with our weird symptoms & twitches. I'm another twitcher.  ;D What are we like! Mine come & go, from time to time.  Always feels really obvious, but is minute when I look in a mirror.