Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Washer dryer  (Read 3533 times)

annieb

Washer dryer
« on: December 16, 2023, 05:47:39 PM »

Hubby has decided that we need a washer dryer. Don't have space for 2 separate machines and to be honest I have manages for 30 years with just a plain old washing machine
He is looking at a Samsung one which seems ok but I have my reservations about the run time on such machines
Any recommendations or things to watch out for ?

Limpy

Re: Washer dryer
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 06:35:44 PM »

It is as well to see what the maximum load is for washing and drying.
It's all very well being able to wash a huge amount BUT if items have to be taken out for drying that's not convenient.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2023, 07:34:11 PM »

Hi

I've not long bought a new washer/dryer.
We bought the Haier one.
I saw some bad reviews about the Samsung one so decided not to go with it. Looks nice tho.
Mine has a fast wash 15 minutes, but if you higher the temperature it makes the cycle a bit longer, around 30 minutes if you turn it to a 40degree wash.
The main cycles are pretty fast. But you can choose longer ones if needed.
The dryer is good. Pre set, or input your own, from 30 minutes up to 90. I find the dryer good.
It's also very quiet,  AND has a light inside when you open the door and switch it on. ....goes off when it's in full swing of a cycle.  Good little gimmick.
All in all, I love it.
It's also got a child lock.

Good luck finding one. Hope this helps.

annieb

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2023, 07:47:52 PM »

Thanks jillydoll. That's really useful. My head was spinning (ha ha) from trying to understand them all
What you describe sounds exactly what I would like. Hubby has got fed upi with washing hanging around the house in the winter and I recently took all the towels and dried them in mum's machine. Wow what a difference to the softness
Do you know what the product number of your Hair is please ?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2023, 08:05:27 PM »

Yes. It's.......

HWD90-B14959S8U1.

Ohhh yes, towels are really softer after being in the dryer.
Like I say, it's really quiet too, oh and get this, if you program it, it'll play a tune too when its finished . Makes me smile everytime. 😃

annieb

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2023, 08:23:02 PM »

Brilliant thanks very much X love the idea of a tune. My current machine just keeps beeping at me and I have been know to tell it to shut up 😡

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2023, 08:27:34 PM »

Well I was going to say how cr*p mine was but perhaps they've improved. It could only dry half a load and even that took forever. I gave up using mine for drying.

annieb

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2023, 09:02:16 PM »

Was yours a Haier

getting_old

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2023, 11:28:01 PM »

We got a Samsung one a few years ago, and returned it as the door got so hot (on the outside) that we worried it could burn if you accidentally caught it.

annieb

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2023, 08:31:45 AM »

That's a bit worrying.
We used to have a great little independent electrical goods shop in our village. Got all our kitchen appliances from there over the years. Sadly they closed last year and it's so difficult to find a shop where you can go and talk to someone who can really explain or recommend things. The nearest we have to us now is Currys. Tried to buy a fridge freezer from there for my mum recently and the lady in the store was particularly unhelpfull

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2023, 02:54:33 PM »

We began with a twin tub which meant that I could stop the rinse cycle to put the water into a bucket for the garden plants.

Then they cost more than two washing machines.  I've never had a thingy that drys as I put laundry outside when possible.  Our boiler is in the utility room so is handy for drying, or I have a cheap-2-run dryer that plugs in. 

In a lot of countries the washer/dryer is in or near the bathroom.