Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Utogestran 100mg *help*  (Read 7135 times)

Nellendra

Re: Utogestran 100mg *help*
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 04:11:17 PM »

also, I don't really understand the difference between evorel sequi 50 and femoston 1/10, obviously except one is a patch and one is a tablet except the progesterone is different in them.
I'm at a loss to understand all this medication info.. Yikes.. :(

Dancinggirl

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2016, 04:44:28 PM »

Hi Nellendra - It's fine to simply stop the HRT - you may get some bleeding after stopping but this should settle.
As you are peri meno, it is very difficult to get the balance of hormones right.  Headaches are common in the peri stage - I suffered terribly with headaches for days on end. The progesterone in Femoston is well tolerated and kinder than the progesterone in Evorel - most HRT types have different combinations in them. Femoston is a good one to try first so you've been given good treatment by your gynae.

What symptoms are you trying to control?

I think your problem has been the HRT dosage.  When I was still peri and started taking HRT, most of the HRTs I tried were too high a dose and I got headaches etc as a result.  I then went to the Amarant Centre privately and they put me on one pump of Oestrogel per day with 12 days of progesterone each month (I think it was Dydrogesterone which was available then but isn't any more) .  This is a very low dose and it got me through my peri stage very well.  I then increased to 2 pumps per day when I knew I was post meno.
You could request Oestrogel and take either Utrogestan or Provera for 12-14 days each month.
Here is the link about the progesterone options:  http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/to_progestogens.php

Dg x

Nellendra

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2016, 05:44:43 PM »

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it.
I was originally suffering loads of symptoms - headache, anxiety,  dizziness, brain fog and generally feeling pretty unwell, I had hot flushes but could handle these as were mild. I feel no benefit so far in taking hrt, I'm so disappointed as really thought it'd work. I still suffer all the symptoms but headaches are worse , now dreadful tinnitus and a bit of nausea but that's bearable.
I wonder if my GP  would prescribe what you have suggested as have recently moved and am waiting a referral to nottingham menopause clinic. But don't feel I can wait any longer.. I'm never sure if my symptoms are due to oestrogen being too low of too high or just out of balance generally. It's all so confusing. If I could get rid of the headaches, dizziness  and tinnitus I would put up with the rest. 😀

Nellendra

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2016, 06:54:34 PM »

Also forgot to say that since taking femoston 1/10 I have had a 'beard' of spots on my cheeks, lower cheeks and chin area of my face. which have just stayed and not healed up! Delightful! 😄

Dancinggirl

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2016, 08:56:56 PM »

Nellendra - why not simply take a break from the HRT for 4 weeks to see how you feel. When you get your referral to the meno clinic you can then discuss the options - and ask about Oestrogel with Utrogestan (or Provera).
You could try asking the GP fro this combo as they should be abel to prescribe it but many are not that clued up and are reluctant to prescribe something they don't know. Most GPs are not familiar with Utrogestan - it's usually listed in their books under micronised progesterone.

If you go armed with the info printed off from this site you may have luck.  I do think a break from HRT first might be sensible so you can really see what's going on with your hormones.  Dg x
Pages: 1 [2]