Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Femseven conti  (Read 4544 times)

pinkdove

Femseven conti
« on: August 22, 2016, 01:47:22 PM »

Hi just to update I am 62, and started for the first time on femseven conti patches on Friday, I started with half a patch, and am now at day 4, i know its early days, but i have had no side effects, and feel the flushes/sweats are getting less already :)

I was very undecided about starting Hrt at my age, so fingers crossed with the help of you lovely ladies i have done the right thing

linz57

Re: Femseven conti
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 04:19:00 PM »

Glad to hear you're feeling good pinkdove, I found it started to work after a few days even though it can take a few weeks to get the full benefits.
It's great when you can actually start to feel things improving isn't it?

pinkdove

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 07:32:49 PM »

Thanks Linz, it really is, i am feeling optimistic, had a really good few days  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 07:38:35 PM »

Hey pinkdove - so pleased you are feeling better and long may it last :)

Hurdity x

Keirson

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 02:59:10 PM »

Hi I also started the femseven conti patches last week after suffering for the past 2 years. Whilst my flushes haven't stopped i'm sure they are getting less severe...although this hot weather doesn't help.
The only problem i am having is the patch  start curling at the edges after 2/3 days and become very irritating and i had to remove it and start a new one. I've positioned  first on my hip and now on my butt- and again after 2/3 days the same thing is happening.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

linz57

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 03:04:31 PM »

Hi Kierson, I've usually found they stick quite well so long as you keep them away from the edges of your briefs. Make sure your skin is oil free and dry when you stick the patch on too. Another tip is to ensure they're wrinkle free and then hold your warm hand on the patch for about 30 seconds after applying.
I have heard though that some women find they dont stick well  whatever they do .

Keirson

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 03:15:40 PM »

Hi Linz57,
many thanks for the advice i know its early days but I'm desperate for these patches to work. I think maybe my gym leggings are sweaty and rubbing against the patch. Once they start curling at the edges should i remove it and apply a new one?
 :thankyou:

linz57

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 06:25:13 PM »

If there's only a little bit around the edge lifting up you may be OK to leave it awhile but if you find it looks like it's wrinkling and lifting considerably then yes, change it. For patches to work best you really need them to be as smooth as possible and as firmly stuck down as you can so that you get the full amount of hormones  :)
It could well be happening because of the sweating, your skin needs to be as dry as possible, not easy if you're working out at the gym.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 06:26:55 PM by linz57 »

Keirson

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 06:41:02 PM »

Many thanks Linz. Do you know if its okay to cover the patches? I was talking to a lady in the queue in M&S (as you do) and she said she use a tegaderm film dressing to keep her patches in place?

linz57

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 07:06:22 PM »

I haven't tried it myself but my pharmacist said it was ok to cover it.  I thought I might need to do that when I went on my holidays to the Med last year but I was fine. I suppose everyone is different  so you could try it and see if you're better doing that. I shower rather than soak in the bath the majority of the time ,so I don't have problems with them floating off in the water , although I have read that can happen. Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 07:09:11 PM by linz57 »

pinkdove

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 07:50:54 PM »

Interesting, i have read that the patches can be tricky to stick, but I have not had this problem so far  :) tomorrow will be week one so first change of patch for me.

My first week has been ok, great improvement in sweating, on the down side i take a diuretic, have done for 20 plus years, for fluid retention, and don't think they are working as well. and my eyes have been a bit dry, i wear contact lenses, so bought some suitable eye drops at Boots today and they have helped a bit.

Now apart from the scare on the news the other day i have been pleased with my first week.

Keirson, how are you doing ??

linz57

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 09:02:59 PM »

Remember to change the areas where you place your patch weekly pinkdove. Left side one week then right side the next and also try to vary the actual spot you place them on. Glad to hear you're doing ok on this patch, long may it continue! :)
One more thing, yes they can affect the eyes initially. My vision seemed to go a little blurry and the optician said she could see an oily layer on my eyes. She said it was the hrt causing this and suggested drops for dry eyes.

pinkdove

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 09:56:01 PM »

Thanks Linz, yes i thought it must be the Hrt, will change to the left hand side tomorrow  :)

Keirson

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 11:53:05 AM »

Hi Pinkdove,

Thanks for asking
Definitely think my flushes have improved....still getting them but seem less severe and as my husband says " you are now just pink in the face and not a beetroot'!
This weather does not help!!
Think I will try the tegaderm film dressing as I changed my patch last night, been to the gym this morning and i can feel it slightly lifting. Will not last the week for sure.
Only other thing i have noticed is my tummy looks bloated???
It is very early days but i do feel things are improving and hopefully things will settle