Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Weird feelings  (Read 14610 times)

dangermouse

Re: Weird feelings
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2016, 08:13:48 PM »

For me the tachycardia affected my stamina as the walking made it go extra high when starting from 120bpm resting, which was too much for me.

It came back down on the pill (to around the 80s) after a few weeks but where I normally walk fast, I would have to go slow or rest now and again mid cycle when oestrogen was naturally high. Now the surges have stopped its down to 60s and now I'm too relaxed as can't be bothered to do anything!

dangermouse

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2016, 08:16:49 PM »

Also you can test your own pulse or use a free app to know if its a tachycardia.

If not, it could be low blood pressure from the BBs.

Justjules

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2016, 08:54:24 PM »

I have a fast heart rate normally without the BBs. Has always been a resting rate of 80. My blood pressure always is around 140/85 nowadays when the GP checks it.

Well at least you sound chilled Dangermouse even if you don't want to do much!  :)

Lizab

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2016, 04:39:08 PM »

Justjules, all of that seems so familiar. My heart would jump to 120 out of nowhere, I had no energy or motivation, and felt like I had no endurance to walk, sometimes even 50 meters seemed too much. Event thought the doctor assured me my heart was fine, I couldn't get over the ideal that he may be missing something. The hrt has helped significantly, but I still have blips of feeling like I can't handle any exertion. One thing that helps me is knowing that on good days I can handle aerobics, hiking, jogging, etc and have no issues at all. I feel like if it was anything besides hormones, I wouldn't have days that I can really exert myself with no problems. I wish every day was a good day. Heat intolerance has been another big one for me. Sometimes the heat seems to make it worse and sometimes it doesn't bother me at all. I know for sure my thyroid is under control, so I'm thinking it has to be the hormones.

Justjules

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2016, 04:58:35 PM »

Lizard, sounds very familiar, apart from I don't honestly feel I could do any of those things! Even just a little jig to music makes me go 'whoah' and I then give up, could be part panic as I don't like the feeling. Was yours your thyroid? I used to go to Pilates but I am too frightened to go. Ridiculous really. I've head a few head thingys today, one was a weird sudden pain on the right and then a weird body feeling. I had my headphones in typing at the time but it then panics me. I just want to get to 60 in January feeling I have some sort of life and not feel like this every day.

Lizab

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2016, 05:31:04 PM »

Mine was not my thyroid. Going off my symptoms, the doctor initially thought I was overmedicated on my thyroid although still in range, so we cut the dosage and well, I would just like to forget that little experiment. Now I'm back on my old thyroid dose, well within normal range, plus on hrt. Before first consulting my doctor about it, I was in bed most of the time for a week. After a week of trying to rest it away, I finally decided to go. I totally relate to not being able to do those things, even taking a shower made my legs feel weak and shaky. I get this shaky leg thing waiting to pay when shopping, and again it sounds like anxiety to everyone (including me), but it happened in the shower too and what's more relaxing than a shower? I'm rambling because the whole experience is overwhelming and difficult to describe, but I think it is all related to hormones.

Justjules

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2016, 05:40:33 PM »

No, you're not rambling at all! It's helpful when someone has experienced something similar, although we all have a difference in symptoms slightly, it all sounds along the same sort of lines.  The shower is a no no, I struggle to have a bath as I feel weird when the water moves about and just wash and get out when it should be a nice relaxing experience like you say.  I just honestly thought that my blessed hormones weren't still a problem but if that's all it is, I will be thankful. I can reason with myself about how it all seems like good old anxiety etc but then it throws a new symptom at me and it causes a meltdown!

Ambert

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2016, 05:24:35 PM »

Hi Justjules
Some of your symptoms match mine exactly!! I'm currently going through a really horrid patch of anxiety and weird physical symptoms. My GP thinks I started having some physical symptoms such as wacky heartbeats and adrenaline rushes due to perimenopause, which then "switched on" my health related anxiety (I've had it before)....so it's a catch 22, the symptoms make me anxious then the anxiety causes more symptoms. Like you, my heart is my biggest concern, despite having ECGs etc, and endless reassurance from my GP, I just can't shake the feeling that it's my heart making me feel so rotten, exhausted and miserable.
Like you, I take hours to come to life in the mornings when I used to be a real early bird who leapt out of bed full of life! Now I can barely speak or stand up for hours. It's making me so bloody miserable, I just wish it would end 😢

Justjules

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2016, 05:58:48 PM »

Ambert, I told the Dr today that I still didn't feel any better anxiety or physical wise and about my funny head things but she basically didn't seem concerned and then started talking about psychological stuff....again. I want to feel better too. She looked over all my previous blood results and ECG and said all were good.....what she didn't tell me is why, like you, I feel so bloody rubbish and how much effort it takes just to get through a day some days and that makes me feel so bad knowing that there are people out there going through cancer treatment and I'm moaning about something that is supposedly caused by my stupid brain  :beat: :bang:

Linda57

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2016, 07:14:32 PM »

Well nearly all of us feel the same so you can't have a 'stupid brain' can you Justjules?   :)

Kathleen

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2016, 07:20:28 PM »

Hello again Justjules.

I just wanted to say that I completely understand your situation.

I have had a weird pain in my side all day but I'm not concerned, in fact none of the physical problems of the menopause have given me more than a moments worry but anything emotional/psychological and I'm straight into panic mode!

Earlier today I heard about a lady who has just begun cancer treatment after being in France for two weeks with her husband and teenage daughter. My first thought was at least she can relax enough to enjoy a nice holiday! How crazy is that, I actually felt envious of the poor woman! As I've said before our concerns are not rational but they are real and it is exhausting and frustrating.

Wishing you well.

K.

Justjules

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2016, 07:29:43 PM »

Well I suppose so Lynda but its so draining living like this.

Kathleen, thank you. It's funny to think that all these women I see walking around looking perfectly normal could all be going through this as well and nobody realises.  Yes, we aren't rational at all. We are dealing with illness but in a different form but fortunately, however debilitating, not life threatening like some. Something to be thankful for at least. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2016, 07:49:56 PM »

Girls - are you eating correctly and at the right time?  Also, feeling shaky in the shower maybe due to the water being too hot, steamy, even the pulsation from the shower head can cause woozy feelings.  If being in the bath causes weird feelings, maybe the lights are too 'bright'? and as the water moves slightly, there's a reflection/refraction which can cause these feelings.  It doesn't take much to become aware of weirdness - I can't sit in a theatre, years ago I noted that as the house lights dimmed, I had the feeling that my whole body needed to move forwards, accompanied by acute nausea.   :-\.  I talked to a Neurologist that I worked with and he couldn't understand what I was trying to explain  ::)

Now I avoid theatres  :sigh:

We are all suffering from some awful diesase, all at the same time, or it's part of the hormonal blips! ……

I do know that I have a nerve in the back of my neck which if I turn my head suddenly makes me feel woozy!

Linda57

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2016, 05:31:40 AM »

Weird head thing again, last night and this morning. :(

Justjules

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2016, 12:48:04 PM »

Horrible Lynda aren't they?  I've not had as many funnily enough but probably because I've been concentrating on the 'faint' feeling I keep getting in the morning.  I'm very anxious in the morning again at the moment and it spoils my day.  I just kept saying 'oh for God's sake, do your worst then' when it happened as I'm so fed up of feeling like this  >:(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4