Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Weird feelings  (Read 14609 times)

Lizab

Re: Weird feelings
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2016, 02:55:56 AM »

I think the head turns are a separate thing from the anxiety. I had the head whooshes for awhile before anxiety kicked in with it. And they happened at random times. I could be sitting around with friends laughing and having a great time when my head would take a funny turn. It would unnerve me for a minute but only when it became more frequent and hot flashes piled on with it I became anxious as well. HRT has eliminated the head whooshes for now but the anxiety still hangs around. Of course those head turns may return as hrt eliminated the sweats and flushes but lately those are coming around again too.

Linda57

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2016, 05:52:42 AM »

I could be sitting around with friends laughing and having a great time when my head would take a funny turn.

Ditto - Exactly ! :( >:(

I think it's this weird head thing that CAUSES the anxiety.  I'm going to keep my blood sugar levels up and remind myself that this weird head thing is part and parcel of the meno and is therefore 'normal'.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 06:38:51 AM by Linda57 »

Annie0710

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2016, 08:23:25 AM »

I get those too lizab at random times too, I can be engrossed in something alone or having a laugh with someone then it stops me in my tracks

Annie x

Justjules

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2016, 08:48:34 AM »

That all makes me feel a bit better ladies.....of course, with my HA, I've gone straight to brain tumour  :-\ !!!

Linda57

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2016, 09:10:07 AM »

That all makes me feel a bit better ladies.....of course, with my HA, I've gone straight to brain tumour  :-\ !!!

Oh if you had a brain tumour Justjules you know about it.  Your 'normal' just like the rest of us.  weird eh ! ::)

coldethyl

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 09:38:55 AM »

I've done the whole" but I'm not anxious when they happen thing" but then it dawned on me that a) laughing and being excited aren't miles away physiologically from being anxious and scared b) I hyperventilate when I'm laughing so it's no different to a panic c) our breathing and bp often change when we sit or are relaxed and it's the changes and their effects on our bodies that we notice.
Mr Ethyl tells me he gets all sorts of weird sensations and head things but he doesn't attribute them to anything sinister so he gets on as if nothing has happened. Consequently he doesn't make them more likely by being anxious or on verge of panic attack most of the time.

Justjules

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2016, 10:44:51 AM »

I know, probably so Lynda but my default is always 'death'!!!

Coldethyl, you're right there, when I am laughing with friends etc, I'm still aware I'm anxious even though I'm having a good time and it wears me out so I know I've spent all my energy just trying to relax and have a bit of fun, which is stupid.  I felt faint again this morning on the way out and I'd only got washed and dressed and made the bed but that zaps my energy which is ridiculous, but I am getting anxious now because it's my 'new' symptom so worrying. Yes, my OH is the same, nothing bothers him like that but then they aren't struggling with hormones like us! x

Lizab

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2016, 10:41:59 PM »

I don't know, coldethyl. The last time I recall it happening I was sitting at the table with my family talking, not feeling any positive or negative stress that I recall, and I was mid-sentence when my world shifted and it stopped me in my tracks for a second. Fortunately it hasn't happened in several months but anxiety comes and goes now.

dangermouse

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2016, 11:52:34 AM »

I think it's just a sudden fall in oestrogen that causes the nervous system to over-react. I've had so many different ones where face starts twitching, shaking and shivering or feeling like I'm going to pass out.

Before I knew it was my hormones, I called an ambulance once as I thought it might be a stroke (as had 3 family members have them without the classic signs) but it all stopped by the time it got to me an hour later, and they said they'd only heard of similar symptoms with stress, which I knew wasn't the case.

I suspect that, although it's more common in peri, you can still have sudden drops post meno until everything settles.

Justjules

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2016, 12:38:42 PM »

It's just the not knowing when to take it seriously or not.  This is happening most days now, probably because I'm worrying myself silly about it.  If you mention it at GPs you'd be whizzed off for tests and with all the symptoms I've got I'd be never away from the hospital!  After 7 years post meno, you'd think that something would settle by now surely!!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2016, 01:06:46 PM »

M in L had a brain tumour but never complained of what you describe.  If you are worried about a brain tumour go to the appropriate regulated web-site. 

dangermouse

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2016, 05:03:15 PM »

I don't know if this is technically correct but, as I would appear as one big anxious mess when I visited the GP - due to the nausea, weightloss and adrenal surges, they told me that if I had anything serious then it would show up in the blood tests. This didn't help me as I just wanted to stop feeling sick but it reassured me from becoming more anxious about it all.

Not sure which blood tests they did but think they were referring to the markers for inflammation and liver, kidney function etc., which were mainly done as standard when I went to A&E for fluids a few times. So perhaps you could check with your doctor if these are normal and then it will be more acceptable to you that its your hormones still settling.

I know how frightening it is, I once sat in my car outside the supermarket where the security guy could see me, as my family were living abroad and I was convinced I was about to collapse and didn't want it to happen when I got home and no-one would see! I also used to go back and sit in A&E after I'd been seen until I felt brave enough to go home, as I constantly had an about to faint feeling and a tachycardia that meant I would have to keep resting in between the 5 minute walk back to the carpark. Now my hormones are under control it seems like a big nightmare that couldn't have really happened!

Justjules

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2016, 05:45:33 PM »

Thanks Dangermouse. I had full bloods done when my anxiety was at its worst....all okay. Then asked for my Vit D and Mag to be checked and that's when the D came back extremely low so had the megadose for a few months. Just got to go back and get it checked now. Oh I so hope this is still a mix of hormones and anxiety. I'm scared it's my heart as I feel on the point iof collapse if I so much as try to go for a walk so avoid it and now the fainty feelings happen in a morning, that together with the total lack of stamina seems to fit the heart problem profile. I don't get breathless and I'm not 'tired' as in I need to sleep but it's the constant worn out feeling I can't stand. It's surely not normal even after anxiety levels have dropped. I am going to ask for a full hormone and thyroid check and full bloods again but I am frightened that if I mention the inability to walk far and the worn out feeling and faintness, I will be sent straight off to the cardiologist! X

dangermouse

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2016, 06:11:19 PM »

Two things: one, when I took Vitamin D (as GP said a few years ago it was very low), as its a hormone, it caused me to bloat up as if I'd taken steroids and imbalanced me further so I had to stop. My last Vit D test was normal so I'm wondering if its linked to oestrogen levels being that's its actually a hormone and not a true vitamin. NICE seem to have had a campaign to get our D levels up as my friends were all told their's were unusually low when they were also randomly tested after visiting for something else. Or it could be that, like a lot of drugs including anti nausea meds, the Vit D is a stimulant and adding to the nervous system effects.

2nd thing: That does sound like a benign tachycardia. I was whisked off to stay at my aunts for a week when I was very bad and they took me to their GP and I could barely walk from the waiting room to the office. The doc wasn't even slightly concerned though, he took my pulse and it was about 120bpm and he didn't think this was a sign of anything sinister. I asked if I could be referred for an echo cardiogram and he said it was pointless as it was just a tachycardia. He did do an ECG as they had a facility there and it was all normal and he was the one who gave me beta blockers to take, as and when, and he told me not to take the Diazepam my GP had given me the week before as my issue was physical and not mental. At the time, I had suggested it could be caffeine withdrawal, as it was the only thing I could think of as I had not had any due to not being able to consume much of anything. He said it could be that or something else. If only he had mentioned hormones though!

I still get the worn out feeling and no motivation, but the over-stimulation tachycardia and adrenal anxiety has completely stopped (I just had a couple of tachy episodes for half hour a few days after stopping the pill) and so I'm trying HRT now to see if a small addition of oestrogen will bring my energy up.

Are you still on the beta blockers as remember you went back on them when we were discussing if you could have been going through withdrawal? Might be worth trying some HRT if that hasn't helped.

Justjules

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2016, 06:53:51 PM »

Yes, still on the BBs. How can not being able to walk be tachycardia though? I seem to fit the POTS symptoms in a morning though as I have a real struggle to get ready and get to work and am useless until mid morning. My ECG was normal the other month but that doesn't show much apart from electrical stuff and any previous heart attacks. I am getting scared now and don't want to end up getting myself in a state over it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4