Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Healthspan's Menoserene  (Read 7351 times)

flutterby

Healthspan's Menoserene
« on: August 11, 2016, 06:29:45 PM »

Has anyone taken this? I plan to come off HRT soon, currently on Evorel 25 and 100mg Utrogestan daily.
I would like to start taking it before I come of HRT has anyone done this?
Thanks Flutterby

Hurdity

Re: Healthspan's Menoserene
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 08:30:13 PM »

Hi flutterby

Looks like this product is another herbal vitamin and mineral food supplement containing phytooestrogens. I've just answered another member about another product which is similar ( but may be doesn't have the vitamins) so you might like to read what I said ( which isn't a lot!).
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32826.0.html

The thing is I don't think you need to take all those vitamins and minerals as a supplement every day - most of them are given in the product at 100% or 200% RDA (or NRV as it is now called)! Provided you don't have an absorption/digestive problem or other metabolic disorder you should be getting all of these from your diet. The phyto-oestrogens are a different matter and I commented on these briefly on pink-dove's thread.

I think I am the same age as you (63) and I've been on HRT for 9 1/2 years at higher dose ( 50 mcg + a little extra cut off another) and don't plan to decrease as yet - not while I'm working anyway. At some point I will try to reduce again but I apply testosterone too so it starts to get a bit complicated!

Hurdity x

flutterby

Re: Healthspan's Menoserene
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 10:28:47 PM »

Hi Hurdity
Thanks for your reply, I had my 64th birthday just over a month ago so we are about the same age. In October I'll have been in HRT for 16 years, different preparations but never had a break. Retired in January so at least I don't have that pressure. I have taken a multi vitamin for some years now. Probably not every day. However I was diagnosed with a small hiatus hernia after having problems with acid reflux so I am now on 20mg of omeprazole. I believe this interferes with magnesium uptake. I agree the vitamin amounts are a bit over the top.
When I asked my GP about what I could take if symptoms got bad when I came off HRT she offered an SSRI which I won't touch with a barge pole. That's when I started looking at phytoestrogens
 Flutterbyx