Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2619 times)

JulesPat

« on: August 05, 2016, 07:00:57 AM »

Hi I am new to this forum. My Dr told me to visit tissue website.  I had a very bad experience a few weeks ago whenow I woke up at about 2am sweating profusely  dizzy and very nauseous wanting to be sick but nothing. This feeling subsided for a couple of days then had another episode then a week later same again but not as bad but could not eat for a few days.  Went to Drs had blood tests but everything was fine. The symptoms subsided until last night when I felt anxious and felt like my nerves were on edge. Also I have the need to go to toilet and again wanting to be sick. Has anyone else felt like this. Just don't know what to do. Oh also suffer from bloating which isn't something I usually suffer from  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 11:58:18 AM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::) - join The Club!

:welcomemm:  - some describe this nausea like 'morning sickness'.  My friend would feel suddenly sick and throw straight up, no warning  :o.  Awful. 

How is your diet in general, maybe grazing on dry fruits/nuts, ginger biscuits might help.  Eating B4 feeling hungry is my trick to stop any nausea which for me = anxiety attacks  :sigh:

JulesPat

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 12:35:44 PM »

Thanks CLKD for the lovely welcome

My diet is good as I have coeliac disease so there are lots of things I cannot eat.  The annoying thing is that the Dr said that I am probably stressed.  Made another appointment to go back but I feel like I am being a nuisance.  Stomach has been bloated all morning but feels worse below by belly button.  I had the Merina coil fitted a year ago because I was having such painful heavy periods.  :(

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 02:51:05 PM »

Constipated?  Slow transit is my main problem, some days I pooh without any effort, others I feel I want to 'go' but pass nowt  >:( then worry all day about being caught out somewhere  ::)

Don't feel like a nuisance, GPs get paid to have patients ;-).  Make a list of symptoms though to take with you and let us know how you get on!

Browse round.  Make notes!

JulesPat

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 05:00:18 PM »

No not constipated the opposite whenopposite when I have the feeling of an anxiety attack I need the loo but when it's out that's it.

Thank you its just some Dr just don't listen. Going back to the first Dr who recommended this site. He knows me as he used to live near me when he was younger so he listens.

Will browse around as you suggestedo

Thank you

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 06:03:02 PM »

Ask away.

I always feel the need to 'go' when stressed, suggest the M1 to me and I'm crossing my legs  ;D.  Very rarely do I have to rush thank goodness!!! and knowing that the loos are usually way through the whole complex doesn't help my nausea when travelling. 

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 10:14:48 AM »

Hi JulesPat - sorry you are having these uncomfortable symptoms. Has anyone mentioned the Vagus nerve to you? This is the nerve that can sometimes cause people to pass out if they get up in the night to urinate. It is very complex but I had a similar attack to you a couple of years ago now and nothing was found. It was put down to vagus nerve irritation by my really knowledgeable GP. It is frightening when it happens. There is a bit about it here although it is referring to the vagus nerve and IBS https://www.verywell.com/ibs-and-the-vasovagal-reflex-1945272

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Mary G

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 12:25:17 PM »

Welcome to MM.

Sorry to hear about your symptoms, they sound terrible.  I have never heard of anything quite like that before but others have obviously had similar experiences. 

Needless to say, you can't just leave it so how's this for a (hopefully) quick fix solution.  You have a Mirena coil for progesterone so why don't you just ask your doctor for a prescription of Oestrogel?  As you probably know, it is a oestrogen gel that you rub onto your arms or legs and believe me, it is fantastic stuff. 

I would particularly recommend Oestrogel with the Mirena because having had one myself, I found the patches didn't work and I could never get enough oestrogen out of them which led to terrible side effects and endless problems down below - it is a bad idea to have a Mirena coil without adequate oestrogen.

You need to treat the cause, not the symptoms and if they are menopause related, the only way to do that is by taking HRT.  It has to be worth a try.

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2016, 07:34:58 PM »

Hi JulesPat

:welcomemm: from me too!

Sorry to hear about your symptoms.

Just to ask also - if you had the Mirena fitted - were your periods still very regular but just become heavier? It may be that you haven't reached peri-menopause yet but symptoms do often present themselves - especially worsening pms - in the last stage before peri-menopause when your ovaries are still working but the other hormones begin to go awry and start to fluctuate. In this stage extra oestrogen may not help although a low dose could prevent the cyclical oestrogen dip (which I presume still occurs with the Mirena). It's tricky to know where you are in menopause with a Mirena and I presume it hasn't yet stopped your periods?

Hurdity x

Suzi Q

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 12:27:09 PM »

Hi hi
Me too wayyyyyyy back in 89 at 36 they looked for a brain tumour
Knowone thought to ask me if my periods were ok
Theyd just gone iffy.
Symptoms  sick wanted to vommit dizzy for 9 months had tests horrible ones
Results menieres disease or sinus they couldn't decide over $700/ $5000 in todays money i paid well i didnt exactly pay i  fact we refused to pay as my treatment during the tests would have put the t/ban to shame.  I ended up dont lsugh seeing a chiropractor
I cut out dairy all except skim milk for tea and coffee i had reg sessions my gp gave me 10m stemital when i started to feel sick n dizzy started june ended 11 months latet
Even today 20 odc years on and 20 yrs since last period it can still hit me waking up
feeling ive got morning sickness get dizxy maybe once or twice  a  year
I hope you get the help you need asap xxxx

JulesPat

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 12:56:02 PM »

Well went back to the Drs and all bloods were absolutely fine they even did a blood test for my ovaries.  Really confused as my Dr said that the hot flushes will come so wasn't sure if he was trying to tell me that I was peri or not.
Now having terrible bloating along with the nausea which seemed to settle for a couple of days but after having another episode last night it came back :-\ so going back to Drs again next week after having spoken to her over the phone.  She has put be on ADs which I hope will help.

Hi Hurdity - in response to your question regarding the Mirena it was fitted because my periods were heavy and very painful to the point that if I did not take an anti-inflammatory prescribed by the Dr I would be nearly passing out.  Period at the mo are very light and do not last long but that of course is due the coil.  This is the problem with having it you don't know what is actually happening

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 08:06:16 PM »

Could any of this be side effects from the Mirena ie extra sensitivity to the progestogen (some of which does enter the system)? If you are still having regular (but light) periods - as in approx the same length cycle each time - then you are likely not yet peri-menopausal although it does sound like your hormones are having their last fling maybe (which is what happens in the late reproductive stage). Some call this stage peri - but the tricky thing is at this point extra oestrogen does not necessarily work as it does when properly peri (cycle changes).

Also when the doc says your bloods are fine - that is meaningless!!! Ask for the actual results from the receptionist over the phone and ask for an actual print-out (which you might have to pay for ie the copies - although I don't in my practice).

Have you thought of taking the contraceptive pill? There is a new one called Qlaira which contains the same oestrogen as we produce in our bodies ie estradiol (unlike the stronger synthetic oestrogens of the other types) and only has 2 tablet free days. This will suppress ovulation and therefore eliminate the troublesome hormonal surges which gives rise to symptoms, and you would also prevent the 7 day dip which occurs with the conventional pill. You would need to be under 50 though....and the Mirena would come out. Bleeds I think would be lighter as progestogens are taken for 22 out of the 28 day cycle.

The doc surely should continue to investigate the cause of your bloating but I presume s/he is doing that?

I would try out all of this before starting ADs - why would you need these for feeling sick,dizzy and bloated?

I presume you've also had blood sugar, thyroid etc all looked at too?

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 08:10:03 PM »

I would get very bloated in the years B4 I was diagnosed with IBS.  I could wear a skirt until lunch-time then the zip had to be undone.  Then I would get very nauseous. 

Why would your GP offer anti-depressant medication if you aren't depressed, hasn't she read the new 2016 Guidelines to GPs?  This is menopause.  Blood tests are reliably un-reliable, my Gynae won't do them: goes on symptoms!

JulesPat

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 08:21:03 PM »

Hi Hurdity

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Had the coil fitted a year agor.   I have only just turned 50 this year. Periods used to be 4-5 days but since the coil they have only been a couple of days and no need for pads. This time I started on Monday, slightly heavier on Tuesday and still spotting today.

Drs next week for the nausea/bloating I get the impression they think it is anxiety related that is why I have been given ADS.

Think they did the full works as far as I know.

If I am not peri or meno at least I have found the right place for when it does happen.

Jules Pat x
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 08:29:16 PM by JulesPat »

JulesPat

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2016, 08:28:01 PM »

Hi CLKD

I was wondering if it was IBS. I am having some anxiety issues that come and go. Seems to be more apparent after I have been intimate with my boyfriend. Must say my libido has dropped considerably since the start of all this In June.

What makes it worse is that we had a lovely holiday in New York then a cruise round the Bahamas then two weeks after coming back bang woke the sweats shaking and feeling nauseous. Thats when I first went to Dr (male) who told me about this site. He must have thought my symptoms were link to meno x

Xx